cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we call Z of HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to our requirement we created ZHAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI. In this FPM component another FPM component HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT has been called. We need to create the Z of component HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT for adding a time triggered save popup.

The problem is that we are unable to call the ZHAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT from our application. It is using launchpad for navigating to the application. Though we have created a new launchpad for ZHAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT and changed the same in the code where the previous launchpad was being called, but still the component is first calling the standard HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT and then the ZHAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT which is generating error.

Please suggest how we can go about the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you get autosave to work in hap_main_document...when we raise the event for BTN_SAVE using the enhancement framework, it actuall deletes that last thing the user input, and says no changes detected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. Actually we have to add a time triggered save popup ( triggered after every 15 mins ) in the component HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT (so that the changes in the appraisal document can be saved every 15 mins after getting confirmation from the user) . Couldnt figure out how that can be achieved through enhancement. Can you please suggest how we can proceed with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Thomas for the tip. Have done the needful using the enhancement framework.

But my query is unsolved as yet. Wanted to know the link i am missing in between if you can help me out here (Just for knowledge). The URL that is created is as per the requirement with Z application and Z config but even then why the standard is coming into the picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sveta,

I need to implement the same scenario what you were doing ..can u tell me step by step..How it is solved ...

I appreciate your valuable time.

Thanks

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes have changed that too... Made the Z configuration and changed it to contain the Main view of ZHAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT.

But still it is going to standard first. Cannot find why it is calling the standard when everything including the config, launchpad in DISPLAY_DOCUMENT & code in FOLLOWUP_POWL has been changed. After that ideally the standard shud not come into the picture.

Are we still missing out something like some setting in config. Or can it be some EP side problem.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Why did you copy the SAP Component in the first place. That seems like a very extreme thing to do. Would the enhnacment framework not allow you the same ability to extend the component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Thanks for your answer. But we have already made the changes in the FOLLOWUP_POWL of the component controller of ZHAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI and also created the new launchpad specifying the Z application with the Z config. Still it goes first to the standard and then Z.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you also changed the OIF configuration of your Z Application Configuration to contain view MAIN of component ZHAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT instead of main of HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT.

Expand you application configuration - click on start configurator - check the OIF configuratoion - and then check the component and view linked to UIBB.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the method FOLLOWUP_POWL present in CompController of component HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI.

It has the code to call the application hap_main_document with app config id as HAP_AC_MAIN_DOC.

If you have copied the component to Z component and created your own launchpad entry for ZHAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT then modify the code here in this method of your Z component to launch your own Z app customized in new entry in launchapd.

Regards

Manas Dua