Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver JDBC

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can we update 3 different tables using recevier JDBC..if so how will be the structure of recevier JDBC message??

Can we write JOIN query (which takes the data from 3 different table) in recevier JDBC..If so how can we do this??

Thanks

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In receiver JDBC Structure, we have one node Statement.

Use this Statement1, Statement2, Statement3 as per your requirement for data posting in 3 tables.

map all the fields for all the statements or as per requirement.

Post the same using one Receiver JDBC CC.

3 statements will run & will update 3 tables. table names you will give in Table node of Statements.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For your first question snadeep answere will work. For your second question the following will help you.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1725. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

can we update 3 different tables using recevier JDBC..if so how will be the structure of recevier JDBC message??

Yes, as Sandeep said, you will have 3 statement and in each statement mention the table names....

Can we write JOIN query (which takes the data from 3 different table) in recevier JDBC..If so how can we do this??

In the place of action="SQL_DML" please type as SQL_QUERY....then write your join query...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pinangshuk .

for my 2nd question, what i should mension the table name??( i am retriving data from 3 diff tables using that JOIN quesy)

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Please clear my doubt as you mentioned what need to be given in the table name because you are retriving data from three tables.At sender jdbc if you are trying to have three different select from three tables then it will give error at sender jdbc adapter.Because PI will receive three recordset which it will not be able to handle. I believe you can create a stored procedure and do the join and then send the data to PI.

Clarify whether you want three tables to be updated at receiver side? I think you are working towards sender.

Regards,

Nutan

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi nuthan,

i am trying to do on Receiver JDBC side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to mention the table name.....i havnt mentiond it also in my previous post...just write the query in access tag...

This will give you some idea..

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

>>can we update 3 different tables using recevier JDBC..if so how will be the structure of recevier JDBC message??

Yes... But then you may be interested in the foreign key lock etc problems with the DB tables and also the mututal update or rollback..

So as a start check the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4d/8c103e05df2e4b95cbcc68fed61705/content.htm

>>Can we write JOIN query (which takes the data from 3 different table) in recevier JDBC..If so how can we do this??

Never tried but you can use action as SQL_QUERY and give a try...

Also it will be better if you search SDN you will get more hint/help

Regards

Suraj