cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Combo Box and Dropdown List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know the difference between the elements 'Combo box' and 'Dropdown List' in VC. I am facing an issue where i am invoking an entry list and the output of the first element the entry list returns is getting reflected as the output for all the elements...

So even if 2nd and 3rd row of the o/p from the entry list is giving only 2 items, if the 1st row returns only 1 then we are able to see only 1 item. Its as if the 1st row decides the items to be returned for all the rows.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hezi,

I have raised an OSS [number:0000234839 2010 ] for this issue. If possible can you take it up and lets try to resolve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The link you gave me refers to 7.0 version SP10.

This forum is for SAP Netweaver CE EhP1 SP0 awards that has a different implementation regarding this issue.

I still suggest to open an OSS message in the regular way and we'll handle this issue internally - we'll see if it's a bug or a problem with your specific model..

Regards,

Hezi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hezi,

I have found a thread which describes a similar problem(actually almost same problem). The link to the thread is

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Dropdownboxdisplayswrong+entries

I request you to review this thread.

I am not able to get the workaround mentioned there. Also, the fix mentioned there assumes there will be a limited number of dropdowns but in my application thats not the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Well, from what you have mentioned it can be a bug or a problem with your model.

I suggest to open an OSS message in the regular way and we'll handle this issue internally.

Regards,

Hezi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hezi,

I have 2 columns in my table. First column is 'material number' and the 2nd one is 'production version'. There can 1,2 or 3 production version for each material. [This information is stored in the backend] This is retrieved through a method which invokes a bapi which in turn retrieves from the backend.

I have provided a dropdown list for the 'production version' column. Lets say there are 2 rows. Material 1 and material 2. Lets say material 1 has 1 production version and material 2 has 2 production version. So rightfully speaking i should have 1 option in the dropdown for material 1 and 2 for material 2.

But what i seeing is only 1 option for both the materials. This is wrong.

Is there something that can be done to ensure that each row reflects the correct no. of options in the dropdown?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Both drop down list and combo box can get their values from a dynamic or static entry list - meaning that you can provide their values statically in design time or dynamically in run time (from the backend).

The difference between them is that in combo box you can also provide manually values (in run time) that are not part of the dynamic/static entry list.

Regarding your specific issue, I didn't understand it clearly, so if my answer is not enough please reply and collaborate a bit more.

Regards,

Hezi.