cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rerun the costing in the Billing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working for an client who belongs to Cable Industry, we are capturing the costing in the sales order and pricing is based on the costing.

We are capturing the pricing in Ek02, on this we are adding the profit margin.

As Copper price is always changes in some cases client want to charge more or less the difference amount at the time of creating the invoice. The sales order may partially delivered and billed. In this case also client want to change the price.

How can we incorporate the change of copper price in the billing document as i cannot run the costing once again in the sales order for the balanced quantity, and client want this calculation to be done by system itself during billing.And SAP has not given any provision to run the costing during billing document.

Kinldy suggest how to proceed further.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you can just do repricing in the billing document.Go to the copy control of delivery-billing (tc VTFL) and the relevant item category and set the pricing type to B (carry out new pricing) or N (redetermine cost) or whatever repricing option fits your needs.

Before you set it in the copy control do it first manually in the billing document at conditions tab (update prices) to see if it works and then set it to be done automatically.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do "new pricing" at the time of billing - the thing to keep in mind is that your order pricing will not match to invoice pricing. So, if you send the customer some pricing details based on sales order and then you do re-pricing at the time of billing - be prepared to the questions why order amount does not match to the invoice amount 🐵

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client belong to cable industry, so copper becomes the major rawmaterial which changes daily.

So, sometimes based on the customer request if the invoicing is done after 3 months from the date of sales order

then we need to update the price at the time of invoicing.

In sales order we are running the costing and using the variant configuration Module in th project.

And after production at the time of invoicing client is asking to put the changed prices (Ex. Copper, GI Wire and PVC component) for which prices will be announced by the LME.

So, kindly suggest me how to re run the costing in the billing or is there any alternative to define separate condition types for Copper, GI Wire etc.

Awaiting for your reply,

Thanks & Regards,

Tilak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see a problem here. If you use Variant configurator, you can define your pricing per features you selected in VC. Then you can load these prices daily ... and then invoke New pricing during billing to determine the price which is valid on billing date.

The pricing in SAP really flexible and you can implement almost anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What u have said is correct.We are using VC and running the costing and we are uploading the prices daily.

But the problem exists when u do partially delivery , then intially when u create sales order for ex: if the quantity is 100 no's then costing is run for total quantity.And if delivery is done for 75 nos and remaining 25 nos when delivery happens in next month, when u update the prices for next month and when u rerun the costing it is not updating for 25 nos but for total quanity.

Why i am saying is we are not changing the prices in billing as we are running the costing in sales order.

So, how to change the prices in billilng.

Rgs,

Tilak.