VAT condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the scenario is,

If my material sales price is Rs.5000 system should pick VAT as 4% &

if material sales price is Rs.8000 system should pick VAT as 12.5 %

how can we map this in sap?

because in condition record for VAT we cant maintain scale like in discount.

regards,

akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge VAT percent is based on the nature of material and not on the basis of value scale

i.e. if material is of X nature VAT should be 4%, if it is of Y nature, VAT should be 12.5%

So just maintain the material tax classification in the material master accordingly.

And then create condition record in VK11 for VAT having material tax classification as one of the key combinations

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

As rightly said by other users, the VAT % for a product is based on the type of a material and not on the value of the material sold. As we dont know exactly what is your scenario, I dont think by maintaining a differed tax classification will solve your problem, if you really want to base your VAT % on the value of a material one of the way to achieve this is by using condition exclusion group;

1) Define a new condition type (copy of MWST, say ZWST) and add this to the pricing procedure.

2) Define condition exclusion group saying if MWST is found ignore ZWST condition type.

2) while calculating your material sales price say PR00 pass the value to a Sub total field(say KOMP-KZWI1).

3) On the requirement for the MWST condition check if the value of KOMP-KZWI1 is greater than 5000 if so ignore the condition)

4) The condition record maintained for ZWSTwith higher rate is picked.

In case if the value of KOMP-KZWI1 is less than 5000, both MWST and ZWST will be picked, and by condition exclusion rule ZWST will be ignored in the pricing.

Hope this works.

Regards

Raj

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out already, you can differentiate with material tax classification in material master. On the other hand, still if you want to capture based on value, first create different tax codes in FTXP and assign in VK11 by differentiating the tax classification of material.

While creating sale order, depending upon the value, change the tax classification of material accordingly so that your tax value will fetch in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

I have one problem in pricing procedure.

VAT conditon is not picking in Sales order for within maharashtra customer, even after mainting the conditon record for VAT.

By default system is picking CST condition.

STep Counter Con Type Des FROM TO

5 0 Z0D0 Price

10 0 ZA00 Customer Discount 5

12 0 ZA01 Customer/Material 5

13 0 Net Price 5 12

20 0 ZPAC Packging Charges 13

25 0 Net Price + Packing 13 24

30 0 ZEXP IN: A/R BED % 25 29

31 0 ZECS IN: A/R ECess % 30

32 0 ZHES IN: A/R HSEcess % 30

35 0 Total ExiseNet PricPack 25 34

45 0 ZCST IN A/R CST 35

46 0 ZVAT IN A/R VAT 35

50 0 Total Invoice Value 35 49

Can you help me?

Thanks

Jyotsan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your access sequence are you using the same access sequence for VAT and CST.

If you have tax classification 1 and 2 for CST and VAT . than maintain the access sequence and condition record accordingly.

If you are having the same access sequence than VAT wont get picked up.

REgards,

Krishna O