Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to increase dialog process .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i done all things

1, call Transaction RZ04.

2,Choose Instances/operation modes. In the list of productive instances, position the cursor on an operation mode name and choose Instance ® Maintain instance ® WP distribution. The system displays the box CCMS: Maintain Work Process Distribution dialog box.

3,To change the work process distribution, position the cursor on the number of work processes, then choose u2018+u2019 or u2018-u2019.

but when i tried to increase the dialog process by clicking '+' it not increasing or decreasing even other process also not increase and decrease. and iam using sapnetweaver trial version .is it not possible in trial version? please reply me and guide me.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227283
Active Contributor

Hi,

3,To change the work process distribution, position the cursor on the number of work processes, then choose u2018+u2019 or u2018-u2019. 
but when i tried to increase the dialog process by clicking '+' it not increasing or decreasing even other process also not increase and decrease.

Don't click on dailog work process , click on bagkound work process and try to decresae it ( -).

When you decrase your backgound work process , automatically your dialog work process should increase.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

thanks i increased dialog by decreasing bck process but now the dialog is 4 and bck is zero i tried to decrease other process for increase dialog but its not work.and it is possible to increase dialog wirhout decrease bacground process

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set te below parameter in RZ10 as per your requirement .

rdisp/wp_no_dia                             
rdisp/wp_no_btc

set parameter rdisp/wp_no_dia for dialog work process.

for e. g rdisp/wp_no_dia = 10

Set parameter rdisp/wp_no_btc for background work process

for e.g rdisp/wp_no_btc = 4

Once you set the above parameter restart the instance.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i tried to search the parameter that u mentioned by using tcode rz11 there is no rdisp/wp_no_dia and rdisp/wp_no_btc(parameter name) are found. help me solve this .

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell us which sap version you are using.

This are the basic parameter which will be present in every system.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

iam using SAPNW2004sABAPTrialSP11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above mentioned parameters will be available. To increase the values for these parameters, go to tcode RZ10, select the instanc profile and open the profile in exetended maintenance for making changes and there you can find these parameters. Increase the value by how muhc you want to increase and save the value and activate the profile. After which you need to restart the instance for parameters to take effect.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannot change the parametrs like we are discussing from RZ11 because these are not dynamic parameters, these are static parameters and we need restart of the instance for thses parameters to take effect.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created the parameter rdisp/wp_no_dia but i don't know how to increase the dialog work process can anyone help me solve this.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For e.g if you have decided to keep dialog process as 10 , then set the parameter rdisp/wp_no_dia = 10

after setting the parameter restart the application , after restarting the system you can see in SM50 the dialog process should have been increased to 10.

Thanks

Anil

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pugazh raj, Perform the activities as said by Anil, Adding to that Once you are done with setting of parameter and restart SAP system

Just go to RZ10 and confirm that you have the lastest active profile(an it has the parameter changes).

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all for guided me.I created the parameter rdisp/wp_no_dia and setted the number in to 6 .Now my diaslog wp os increased in to 6.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will find the procedure here to chage the parameter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/c4/3a6247505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil in this link it is stated that :

To switch profile parameters:

Enter the profile name in the input field of Transaction RZ10 and choose Profile ® Dyn. switching ® Display parameters.

The system displays a list of memory management parameters that can be switched.

The profile is used immediately after the change; you do not have to restart the system. At the end, the system displays a log for parameter switching.

Is it possible to change any static parameter through CCMS also without restarting??

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

For Static Parameter .. restart is manditory ....

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil.