cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate type Issue in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

After I created the billing document and trying to release to accounting the error says the exchange type is not defined country

Please help me to know what could be the reasons , and the payer was changed , DOes this effect , I checked the exchange type i find it was mainatined please help know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

kindly check the exchange rate for the customer country in the billing document in the the t code OB08

REgards

Damu

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go into your billing document and in the menubar click on GOTO-HEADER-PRICE DATA-- EXCHANGE RATE TYPE. Check whats there in that field? If there is an exchange rate type assigned to it , try to change it to the exchange rate type of the sold to party or the earlier payer before changing the payer. you can see the exchange rate type in XD02--SALESAREA DATA-SALES. If nothing is there then change the exchange rate type to "M" or relevant type (Table "TCURR").Transaction code to see the exchange rate types is "GCW8". Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Edited by: RamPedarla on Mar 17, 2010 12:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for that very useful info, I have checked the exchange type for partners and billing level, the Value in all the cases is "C"

Should I change this value and try or else change in the Table level Please advise

Thanks in advance.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the exchange rate type is "C" at all the levels, in Customer and billing document, then go to "OB08" and check If "c" IS maintained there with the exchange rate. And see the currency associated with your company code by using the path, SPRO-FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING- FINANCIAL ACCOUTING GLOBAL SETTINGS- COMPANY CODE- ENTER GLOBAL PARAMETERS". There you will see the currency associated with your company code and you check whether the exchange rate is maintained between the copmany code currency and the document currency for the echange rate type "C".

I forgot to mention one more thing.Check "OB22"(Transaction) and see whats the Exchange rate maintained there for ur company code and the country. If it doesn't have "C" ,Maintain "C" there and see. If "c" IS MAINTAINED Follow the above procedure.

Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Edited by: RamPedarla on Mar 17, 2010 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the input ,I thas helpmed a lot.

Thanks

Thambaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also can help:

sm31

V_T005

country code:

check or the currency type is filled

br,

eric