cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't the author/moderator can close a locked thread?

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

Why there is no option given for closing the locked threads? System shows the locked thread as unresolved which is never going to be resolved!!!

Can we include an option to close the locked thread or Moderator him self can close the thread?

Please share your opinions on this.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One reason for not closing the locked threads may be, it will confuse the people

who SEARCH in forums,will get a wrong impression that they will get solution

from that closed thread.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe, Locked threads will not be fetched by the search efforts irrespective of closed/open threads (Locked one). Hence No call for of any choice for closing them.

Cheers

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the first thread in this SEARCH.

[Beginner in ABAP|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=BeginnerinABAP&objID=f50&dateRange=last90days&numResults=15&rankBy=10001]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Threads that are locked are "resolved" by being locked. The ones that I lock are ones that I consider to be time wasters (FAQ, duplicates, etc, etc, etc.) Since you can have only so many open threads at a time, if you ask too many time wasters, you may encounter difficulties asking more.

Rob

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderators have the rights to close a locked thread, and they do it from time to time.

The upside of locking a thread without closing it is that, whenever repeat offenders continously violate the rules and their posts get locked, after the tenth such lock, they can no longer post a new question, even though they are not Guestified

pk