cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM import schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have few questions regarding import scheduling in MDM 7.1.

1) I schedule a job let say at 9AM to fetch records into MDM through MDIS. Suppose there were no file came to inbound folder at that time then how we will let the other person or system know that we did not recive file.

2) If i dont recieve a file what will be the log file entry.. ?

Thanks

Himaanshu Nijhawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Himaanshu Nijhawan

1)

You can not got results of import/syndication operation directly

You can saw results of operation in SAP MDM Console

You can got result of operation by using CLIX("Console reference guide" p.371)

You can got result of operation by check outbound /inbound directory from external application(XI/PI for example)

When import/syndication process was done source files from "Ready" directory moved to "Archive" directory if operation successful

and to Exeption directory if operation is not successful("Console reference guide" p.256)

2)

"Console reference guide" p.256

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Regards

Kanstantsin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himanshu,

1) I schedule a job let say at 9AM to fetch records into MDM through MDIS. Suppose there were no file came to inbound folder at that time then how we will let the other person or system know that we did not recive file.

See, You can check it in /usr/sap/mdm/mdis/log

Whenever an import through MDIS takes place, a MDIS_Log file generated, which contains information regarding Date,day,Time in message of this log. Correspondingly, you can check in /usr/sap/mdm/mds/log also, which contains information as BulkImport_Stage1_PreCheck START , STOP in the message and Repository information in the message of this MDS_Log file. So, i believe one can check the import status in this MDS_Log file that when it was happened last time and for which repository.

2) If i dont recieve a file what will be the log file entry.. ?

If there is no file comes to ready folder, then i think nothing will happen and you would able to see only the last import status information before to it which took place last time in MDS_Log file, usr/sap/mdm/mds/log.

Say you have there two files in MDS_Log with date's Mar17 and Mar16. and last time file imported on 16 and on 17 as such no file comes to ready folder. then in MDS_Log file dated 16 you would able to see Import status information also in message of this log file. And for MDS_log file dated 17 it would not have this Import information as such because no import takes place.

Moreover in MDIS_Log a new log file entry will not generate and it will show the log file imported with last date only.

Hope it helps..

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thansk for your reply..

1. )

Yes we can check the folders and log file etc, thats perfectly fine, here question is for acknowldegment. If file is not recived then system shoud say that file has not been recived i mean some kind of mesg from MDM side.

2)

If +there is no file comes to ready folder, then i think nothing will happen and you would able to see only the last import status information before to it which took place last time in MDS_Log file, usr/sap/mdm/mds/lo

Here you mean to say that it wont show anything but in previous reply by some other guy states that log will be genrated for file scanning also...so we need to check upon that i think,,

Thanks

Himanshu Nijhawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

If i understand your requirement completely then i think CCMS as well as PI using alert configuration would not help in this case.

CCMS comes into picture when a user doesn't want to log into MDM but want to see all the logs from a central system (CEN).

So, when you allow someone to see these logs from CEN then why not that user see all these logs from log into MDM.

CCMS is all together use for different purpose ( I mean for Monitoring Purpose) and using it you can't send confirmation to Acknowledgment system if the file doesn't comes to Inbound port of MDM.

PI using alert configuration is useful only if you have file that goes through PI and have some error, in this error case only it would alert you through e-mail if it has some error's. you cant make use of it if that file doesn't come to PI.

As you said, here question is for acknowldegment. If file is not recived then system shoud say that file has not been recived i mean some kind of mesg from MDM side.

As per my understanding this is quite tuff, you can send a message to Acknowledgment System if a file come to MDM inbound ready folder, i mean if it comes to ready folder after that data goes import to MDM and a file gets created in Archive folder of your inbound port. Here, using PI you can take this file from Archive folder of your inbound port and send a message to Acknowledge system that a file has received in MDM but if that file doesn't come to Inbound MDM port that means no file comes to Archive folder of your MDM inbound port and as such question how could you send message to Acknowledge system in case no file goes through PI. So my point here is you can send file to Acknowledge system if that file comes into PI.

I can think of that a acknowledge message always trigger daily using PI from MDM to Acknowledge system in which a message date also comes into PI from MDM and from Acknowledge System a field in message interface checks if that today's date then send acknowledge "file has received from mdm system else not today's date if that date field is blank which means no file comes to PI, still a message get generated from PI to Acknowledge system that a file hasn't received today. I am not sure whether this is really possible or not if we don't have any file comes from PI and can send a file generation on the basis of date. Let's have input from others if anybody have idea to send message from PI if no files comes.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can Configure CCMS to send alerts if Import server or syndication server fails with exception.

Also, if your server is running on unix then you can write scripts to scan the ports and mail scanning report. you can schedule these scripts to scan import port and archive directory to check whether you have received file as per import schedule or not. I think, If there is no file, then in import server logs it will just show that it has performed scanning of the port successfully.

If you are using PI as middleware, then alerts can also be configured in case interface fails.

please revert if you have any query.

Regards,

Shiv

-

Above comments were for MDM 5.5 . if you are running on MDM 7.1 then you can give try to MDM PI Adapter. I think, it will also throw error if import server fails.

Edited by: Shiv Prashant Dixit on Mar 17, 2010 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.

If possible can u give some details on CCMS.

You have mentioned that scripts scan directory& Folders and will check that file recieved or not

If file is not there then log will remain its previous status or it will show that scan completed no file found.

And if no file found , is there any way we can provide acknowledgement to source system

Yes we are using PI as middleware so you mean to say that PI can take care i.e. if file is not placed or placed at 9AM.?

Regards,

Himanshu

-

Above comments were for MDM 5.5 . if you are running on MDM 7.1 then you can give try to MDM PI Adapter. I think, it will also throw error if import server fails.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please download CCMS setup guide for MDM using [this link|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000394322007E]. (SMP login required)

I meant unix script can be written to check the port and send alert to user if file is not present at schedule. But if you want to send acknowledgement to source system, then i think PI can do it i.e. if interface between source system and MDM fails (file is not created) then i think, PI can send back acknowledgement to Source system. Also using alert configuration in PI, mail can be sent regarding interface failure.

Regards,

Shiv