cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3(IDOC) <------ XI <<<-----<<<< Supplier Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to talk to our Supplier Network from two Different R/3 Systems say R1 and R2.

The documents that we are expecting from supplier Network are Invoice and Advance Shipping Notice(ASN).

R/3(IDOC) <------ XI <<<---Firewall-<<<< Supplier Network

The Supplier is going to Place the Documents (Invoice and ASN) for the two R/3 systems outside the Firewall. Now somehow XI need to bring the Documents and need to understand the Kind of Document and then need to Process them and then need to send to the either R1 or R2 Systems.

Could some one tell me how this is possible? Whats the approach I need to follow for the above scenario?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

If what format is the document going to be placed by the supllier network?

You can use a File Adapter if the datais being pushed into a file and so on.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. I am not sure what format the supplier is going to place the documents, even if we assume that they are going to place the documents in file formats, then there will be 4 documents for 2 R/3 systems, they are

System R1

1) Invoice 2) ASN

System R2

3) Inovice 3) ASN

Now, how XI is going to distinguish whether it is an Invoice or ASN and then for which R/3 system?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Assuming hte suppliers are placing files

Option1

1. Run a shell script to move data from suppliers network to your network. This can either be done by Push method wherein supplier is pushing the data to your network. Or you are polling a certain directary and getting the data whenever a file is placed.

Once the file is in your directory, XI can pick the file using file adapter and post data using RFC/IDoc/ABAP Proxy.

2. The File adapter is polling at suppliers network and picking the data. This depends on whether you have access to the Directory out there and then file is porcessed using Adapters mentioned above.

Also, There must be some indicator from the supplier, that is either the file naming convention or something in the header of the file from where you can determine where the file is coming in from

Hope this helps

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by: vijaya kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya Thanks a lot.

We are going to PULL the documents from supplier network and they are NOT Pushing those documents. Whether I need to write the Shell Script in UNIX?

Let us Assume the supplier network has given access permission to our XI Server to read the specific Directory. Whether it is possible for an XI File adapter to Cross our Fire Wall First, then supplier Firewall and then it has to read the specified directory, do you think this is Possible?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I need some help.

Can you implement SAP Supplier Network to exchange Purchase Orders without having SRM. We are running SAP ECC 6.0.

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

You can make the files to be appened with TIMESTAMP or any other info that might distinguish each of these file.

In the file adapter, filename will be INVOICE* .*

Adapter will pick up any file beginning with INVOICE.

Or you can put all the content into one single file ( multiple invoices into a single file ) that will be picked by XI and then mapping can be used to spilt the file into multiple messages and so on.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini,

If I remember the previosu thread we were talking about File - XI - IDOC / RFC.

Now coming to your question of Invoice and ASN, these are two different message types. So, if you have the source files then the source directory should be different or at least the file names should be different. So, you will configure two different file adapter one for each message type. Once XI reads the file, it know what is the message type and what is the target message type (Invoice / ASN).

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravikumar. Its true that Invoice and ASN are two different messages, but its looks like the supplier is going to place the all the documents in one place, dont ask me how(I am really confused with that part), but thats what I am hearing at this juncture.

If the Supplier is going to place in two different Directories, one for Invoice and one for ASN , then as you said, I need to configure two file adapters, but if they are going to place them in one single directory, thats where the confusion is?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if they are going to place the files in the same directory, atleast the file names should be different. These are two different interfaces and if you need to have good design then you need to configure two different file adapters.

Else you can configure one file adapter and then configure a BPM to determine the message type and then accordingly have a IF STEP in the BOM and route it to the right interface. But I don't think we should complicate it so much.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>but if they are going to place them in one single directory, thats where the confusion is?</i>

You could still do with two file adapters, polling the same directory but for different files.

Both the file adapters will have the same source directory pathname in the adapter, and the file names will be different in these adapters.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi I totally agree with you, tell me this, do you think for each and every invoice and ASN they need to create a File??

or I will put my question this way. If the supplier has agreed to Place the Invoice and ASN in two different directries and let us say there are two invoices coming and 5 ASN are coming, how these are going to be placed in the folders. Like Invoice1, Invoice2, ASN1, .... ASN5 like that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rohini,

1. If you have the right auth then you can use file adapter with messge protocol (FTP). But this hogs onto the memory. SO if your polling interval is not too frequent then I guess it should be okay.

2. The shell script option is to be able to use NFS and avoid using FTP. So depends on what is more critical. Also, shell script is one more object to be maintained in your landscape. So you have to see if your company is okay with this.

3. ALso, even if both the files are kept in the same direcotry I am sure they must be following some naming convention. The best would be if you have an identifier in the header. YOu can check this in your receiver determination ( condtion based receiver determination) and route to the correct message mapping/destination without using BPM.

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by: vijaya kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rohini,

I couldnt figure out ur exact business work flow but there is NO necessity that all every invoice should go in to separate files. it can be in to one file also.

But as i see you are still in the very beginnning of developement , i think you should wait and see first in what way the supplier wants to keep the files and in what format. then you can have path laid down.

Hope this helps,

Vara

[PLEASE REWARD FOR POSTING]

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the way you want to design your interface or probably dependent on the supplier as well.

You can multiple ASN's / Invoices or a single document in the same file. XI is capable of splitting the multiple documents in to single documents and send them individually to SAP.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi. You said

XI is capable of splitting the multiple documents in to single documents and send them individually to SAP

So what you are trying to say here is even if the supplier is going to place more than one Invoice in the Invoice file, XI is capable of splitting them into single documents , correct?

How can we achieve that in message mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rohini,

Please check the following links:

and

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

for 1:N split

Vara

[PLEASE REWARD FOR POSTING]

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

There is a concept of Multimapping using which 1:N mapping wherein 1 document can be split into N messages can be done.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

If you are going to use an IDOC to send to the R3 which i think you are, then there is a concept of IDOC packaging where you do a 1:N mapping and then send the N IDOCSout from XI. For IDOC packaging , check this note, 814393.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rohini,

What ever links i have suggested you can use with out BPM but this is i think SP14+ so i dont know what Service pack u r using else i think u should use BPM

Vara

[Please reward for posting]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved in multi mapping.In the target u create a structure for the single target document and give the occurance as 0...unbounded.

In the source create a header with occurance 1..1 and <b>under the header create the invoice with ouucrance 0...ub</b> and then map invoice with the target structure So for every invoice a single document wil be created.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

you can do that using 1:N mapping.

Have a look at htis BPM scenario:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/content.htm

For IDoc bundling:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member