cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async proxy to soap messages to be processed like EOIO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a proxy to soap interface. What I want is to route these message these message through one queue in IE level so that, these would be sent to the receiver in order. Also doing this confirm that at the AE level, they would be delivered in order?

I looked at the tuning parameter for eo_outbound_parallel with the reveiver id, but it is routing all the messages to the receiver system in one queue. but I want this only for one interface.

any ideas?

thanks.

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Interesting question: You mentioned Proxy To Soap - Async , and EOIO....

Have you considered message prioratization? SXMB_ADM, you can fix a queue in the IE only to process messages from this proxy in EOIO.....

let me know if that helps your cause..

Hanish John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried. there is no place to select or enter the q name if the sender is not EOIO. My proxy is EO.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no need to mess with PI parameters

you just need to call the proxy in EOIO mode

this will set the EOIO queue name - set_serialization_context('PLM0000007_ORDER').

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/65/40c9a4a1fa476288ac61b5fcc6bbde/content.htm

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal. But what if this is an SAP enterprise server proxy? Could we still do this as the code is provided by SAP?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

only with an enhancement

but the question is - can your SOAP receiver receive EOIO too?

as doing EOIO via PI will not help if the receiver cannot handle the EOIO

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, That is another problem. SOAP works in multiple threads I guess. May be I would have to mess with the convesation id on the AE side to do this.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the option MainTain Order At Runtime in Interface Determination helps you maintain EOIO.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above option holds good only for multi mapping and the messages got split in that transaction. Not across the messages of the interface.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Vijay,

It's not only meant for Multimapping, even if you have normal mapping program and you checked the Maintain Order at Runtime will still act as Queue processing , if I'm not wrong.

Thanks!

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

I was referring to point 5 from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/e9/67a63d7af20450e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Am I reading it wrong?

VJ

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VJ,

You are absolutely reading it right. I'm saying it will also work for single inbound interface. In the help no where they have mentioned it won't work for single interfaces correct .. I tested this couple of days before, so I'm pretty confident .

Thanks,

Raj.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain Order at Runtime provides the functionality of EOIO where the adapter does not support the same.....and it does not have a restriction of using only for Multi-mapping scenarios......when we select this option we ensure that the messages will be processed in XI/ PI in the same sequence as they have entered the Integration Engine.....and it does not gurantee a end-to-end EOIO.....if the messages get jumbled before entering XI/ PI then the XI/ PI wont correct the sequence.

Regards,

Abhishek.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what I have observed -

Asynchronous interfaces.

Maintain Order at Runtime checked in the interface determination.

It is an enhanced interface determination producing at the most 3 messages.

When the mapping produced just one message -

In RWB when I checked for the messages processed under integration engine, I found Quality of Service - EO.

At the adapter engine level also the quality of service is - EO

The converstion ID in this case is blank

When the mapping produced more than one message -

In RWB when I checked for the messages processed under integration engine, I found Quality of Service - EO.

At the adapter engine level also the quality of service is - EOIO

The converstion ID in this case is non blank. (this is different at different times. But all of the message generated at the same mapping split have the same value)

So what I understood is, only when there are multiple messages getting generated from the split mapping, only then the AE takes care that only these messages (generated at that instance) would be delivered in order.

Any other observations are welcome.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all the suggestions. I would leave this thread open as still the discussions are going on.

thanks,

sri