cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS profile configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have implemented DMS and created profiles to restrict viewing by document type based on security roles, which works as expected. We did notice that with this set up a filter icon shows up when in the DIR and when clicked displays the documents that are suppose to be restricted, although the user cannot view or open. We were wondering if there was a way to remove this filter icon from showing up?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristy,

In standard SAP DMS, it's not possible, Please discuss this with your ABAP colleague, he may need to do some development.

Regards

Amaresh Makal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Maybe I didn't explain correctly. We only want users with display roles to see PDF attachments, so we used the profile to do this. We created a profile and used the "Determine definitions for applications" with display check box for type PDF. This seems to work as expected. When we tested logging in with a display role ID only the PDF doc came up in the Originals section BUT there appeared a filer icon (which doesn't appear in our view all role) in which when clicked shows all other document types in the originals section - this is what we want to get rid of if possible (without ABAP)....hope this is more clear as to what we're looking for.

Thanks!

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristy,

thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I have to inform you that in the standard the filter icon is always visible. This is to offer a possibility to make other originals visible in case this is really required. So I regret but without a modification of the standard behavior this is not possible.

Best regards,

Christoph

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristy,

In your case please select an existing profile and then go to "Determine definitions for applications". There you will see the profile key and the application type. To display all applications please weither delete all the maintain entries here or add more applications and set the flag in the DISPLAY box. Afterwards the original files should be displayed again in transaction CV03N too.

Best regards,

Christoph