cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranport alert rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we transport alert rules from Development to QA system in XI ? If so then how

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Refer SAP Note 913858 Question No 7.

<i>For the Alert Rules you may create a transport request by runnning the report SXMSALERT_CONFIGTRANS.</i>

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to successfully run the report sxmsalert_configtrans to create a transport request for alert rules. The transport was released successfully as well but the rules did not show up in the system (alert categories were successfully transported before). Is there anything else that needs to be done for alert rules to show up??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the report SXMSALERT_CONFIGTRANS doesn't work because

it generates a transport request where all table entries

of the current logon client are selected.However, the table SXMSALERTRULES doesn't have a client key filed so no entries are selected and the transport request is empty. Here is what I did:

Create a workbench transport request manually with transaction SE09. Delete the corresponding unclassified task of that request. Doubleclick on the transport request and click on edit <--> change. For Program ID enter R3TR, for Object Type enter TABU and for Object

Name enter SXMSALERTRULES

Now click on the button with the key symbol (located under 'Function'). Click on 'insert row' and enter * for table key. Save the request, release it and import it in the target system. You should see your alert rules now.

I hope this helps,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

I want to transport alert rules which we define in runtime workbench not alert categories. Is there any way we can transport them.

thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Alert rules can be transported from DEV to QA systems.

In transaction ALRTCATDEF menu -> Transport -> Current Alert Category / Transport All Alert Categorries.

Regards

Shravan