cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB: Logon to view SAP-data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should check if an update-modification within the SAP-data tables is possible. Well, I'm shure it is, but ...

How can i log on to view/edit the data?

I installed Database Studio and can login with "superdba", "control" and "Mona".

dbmcli -d DB1 -u superdba,SapBpm12 user_getall shows users "control" and "superdba"

I tried finding and reading all information available, tested whatever I found without success.

All I want is to log on to the database so I can inspect the tables with SAP-data!

Which user should I use? How do I find the correct user-name?

Any helpful input is appreciated!

Best regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

1. You could access the SAP application data as owner of those application data.

2. You could run the SQL statement as superdba user and list the database users:

select * from users

3. SAP Note No. 25591 has the brief description of the user types in the database.

If you run the default SAP installation =>

A default DBA user in the SAP environment could be ::

sapr3, sap<sid> (depending on the R/3 Version)

sap<sid>db (in the Java environment)

4. After you run the SQL statement as recommended 2. You will see the DBA users in your database.

You could get the list of the tables with owner sap<sid> by running the SQL statement, for example:

select * from tables where owner='SAP<SID>'

You could run it as superdba user.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I should check if an update-modification within the SAP-data tables is possible. Well, I'm shure it is, but ...

> How can i log on to view/edit the data?

Use the SQL user to logon, not the administrative users control and/or superdba.

On command line you can use e. g.

sqlcli - U DEFAULT

> select * from 000

> All I want is to log on to the database so I can inspect the tables with SAP-data!

> Which user should I use? How do I find the correct user-name?

It's not a good idea to fiddle directly with the database tables.

There are functions on application level to enable change tracking of tables:

Note 1251605 - Record Table Changes

Markus