cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from ECC EHP3 to ECC EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning on a mini upgrade to the EHP4 patch. We are currently on EHP3. Is there a risk factor as in any upgrade ? I am just a little confused as they are only enhancement packs and their impacts on the functionality and lot of technical work that we have been doing.

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> We are currently on EHP3. Is there a risk factor as in any upgrade ?

YES ! And contrary to what SAP says, I strongly advise to do some non regression testing even for non activated business functions.

Beware also of the Ehpinst runtime, it canbe very long and specially on the production system with the production load.

We just did a successful upgrade from ECC6 EHP 0 to ECC6 EHP 4 on the production system this weekend.

We estimated the cost, time and complexity of the project to be half of a full release upgrade. This was quite a bad surprise for the management..

Regards,

Olivier

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also check How to install and Technical FAQ guide on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

As you must be knowing that Enhancement Packages bring in new functionalities too apart from just support packages. All the EHP's uptill EHP3 are cummulative. EHP4 contains EHP3 and EHP4.

For more info and known issues i would recommend you to refer the following SAP Note:

1143022 - Installation of SAP Enhancement Package 4 on SAP ERP 6.0

Regards,

Abhishek