cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgen,t Attachments physically located

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can you please tell me where the Attachments physically located in SRM system. Is it in the document server

When I creating PO/SC though our custom program if you want to add the attachments for the shopping carts /PO how can we do that . Where we need to place the attachment?

Thanks in advance, awaiting for inputs

Edited by: baarati Vutla on Mar 16, 2010 11:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravindra_mantri2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barati,

There are two ways of storing attachments 1) External hard storage or 2) internal SAP database

1) when u r using external storage such as document server etc, then SRM server needs to be connected to external storage system.

2) in case of internal SAP database storage, BASIS consultant needs to define a directory parameter (folder inside SAP sever) to store attachments. You can use t-code AL11 to locate directory parameter used in your SRM system with the help of Basis consultant.

When you attach any thing in Shopping cart, there will be a guid link created for the attachment stored in SRM Server and shopping cart. This guid link will be stored in table BBP_PDATT.

Hopefully above information may give you initial understanding of how attachments are stored in system.

-rgds,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barati,

Check OACT transaction and entry BBPFILESYS to find out what repository is configured for SRM.

Once you are in BBPFILESYS details, click the arrow ("Maintain content repositories") next to Content Repository. That should give you information on where your attachments are being stored.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply.

We need to attach an attachment in the PO using our custom program.

These attachments are coming from the external system. They are trying to place the attachments in SAP database storage.

From the there we need to get the attachment and attach it to PO while creating the PO using our custom program.

I am using the FM BBP_PD_PO_CREATE to create the PO using our custom program.

Trying to fill exporting parameter IT_ATTACH fields while calling the FM.

It has BBP_PDS_ATT_T structure fields , but I am not sure what are the fields has to be filled here .

Assuming that I can take the attachment from AL11 directories

Could you please guide me how can start this .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any pointers please .