Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing delivery items - separate handling unit for each pallet

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Requirement is to have a separate handling unit as per packaging material quantity when packing deilvery items:

Example:

main product :100 pcs --> they are put on then 10 pallets physically --> in system we can generate HU automatically (we can pack them automatically)

SAP creates:

- one HU

- one delivery item (pallet) of 10 pcs

Purpose:

- HUs as per number of the pallets

- delivery items (pallet) of 10 pcs

The reason behind this is that one factor in the calculation of transportation cost is number of pallets - we can force SAP to calculate the transportation cost based on HUs used in the deliveries assigned to the shipments (standard function).

Any idea?

I found this thread - I'm not sure there's a standard setting to solve the HU split.

Thanks in advance,

Csaba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the packing instruction you have in the POF, you must have :your pallet + item category I (subordinate packing instruction) and you indicate the number of boxes you can place on your palet.

-> the subordinate packing instruction is the one you already created with the box.

Rgds,

Philippe

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, you are right.

I posted the question before thinking (I was concentrating on delivery itmes but they have nothing to do with this problem)

Based on the packaging instruction system will generate the HUs - even if we have one delivery item for them it doesn't matter because we system will check only the HUs when calculating the transportation cost.

So, I'm closing the thread.

Thanks,

Csaba

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Szommer .......

you have already got your answer. and i thanking all of you because i find some solution for me in this discussion..

Thanks

[Pallet To|http://www.palletto.com/]