cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Partial Recovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are in the process of formulating Backup and Restore Strategy for our PI servers. I need some advice on how to handle partial recovery scenario in PI. To further elaborate consider following scenario

1. My PI server got crashed on Wednesday

2. Oops!!! Bad luck again.... i have online backup available as of Monday

3. I recovered the system with partial recovery and from Monday backup

Problem, I can not start the PI system because as soon as I will start my PI system it will resend the messages in the queue (which were there in queue on Monday) to target servers.

I need some procedure to ensure that "No messages are processed from recovered systems queue" and some way to ensure that this recovered system is cordoned and no new messages are accepted till all old un-processed messages are cleared.

Thanks

Harpreet Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you not have redo logs that you can roll forward to the point in time of crash, therefore negating this problem???

i have done this several times and never had to worry about this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what exactly your PI is processing but if it includes relative messages then I think you need to consider having a queue. Messages are queued according to relevance so you can limit the processing and avoid system crashes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is to isolate the server from the network , start the server and cancel processeing of the messages in the XI queue.

Another option is to identify all integrated system and break the integration by specifiying incorrect address or by removing the entires - For ex: for integrated sap systems, go to the http destination for XI and modify the host name .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts

Any help on this topic !!!!

Thanks

Harpreet Singh