Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the value of data supplier host parameter in PI7.1

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I want to change the data supplier host parameter to Hostname,when i checked in SLD Administration its pointing to local host,so i want to change it host value.

What is the procedure to change the value to host?? i am working on PI7.1 EHP1.

THANKS,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the http://hostname:port/sld -->

go to admin page

stop server --> go to data supplier bridge --> stop bridge.

Under Update SLDs following parameters needs to be set

Update SLDs: Local SLD should be True

undergateway enter:

server: hostname of SLD

service: gateway of SLD host and go for set

start the bridge and server as well

Thanks and Regards

Purna

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Purna,

I need to stop the server??then only i can add??no otherway like using echange profile.

when i open administartion page in sld,i got an option to sld.??if i stop it will create some problem i guess.

many thanks,

Raj

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Once you setup SLD using http://host:port/sld

You must update the SAP DATA SUPPLIER properties and test should be successful in all 'three tabs'(SLD Details, CIM test) in Visual Administrator to SLD work properly.

>>I need to stop the server??then only i can add??no otherway like using echange profile.

If you change something in SLD, you need to restart. You can do in Visual Administrator (mentioned above)

>>when i open administartion page in sld,i got an option to sld.??if i stop it will create some problem i guess.

If something running/working, then might cause problem.

You can update in Visual Administrator for SAP DATA SUPPLIER.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Arun

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I am working on PI7.1 EHP1,so no more Visual Admin,

i checked in SLD>Administration->Data Suplier-->one entry added.(url,user name,password)

i have to add new entry??is i stop SLD server for some time to update ,PI will server will stop or only SLD only Stops??

Regards,

Raj

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If one entry has already added for your server, then you not require to add new if you SLD is suppiler for one PI server.

>I checked in SLD>Administration->Data Suplier-->one entry added.(url,user name,password)

Correct (URL looks like : http://host:port and username,password)

>I have to add new entry??is i stop SLD server for some time to update ,PI will server will stop or only SLD only Stops??

If you want to add for other PI server then you can.

PI server will NOT stop -- Only SLD will stop and start (It will take only 1-2 minutes) if you feel to add new entry then you can add because SLD will not require enough time to start hardly will take 1-2 minutes to restart.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I assume you are looking for converting local SLD configuration into central SLD configuration right?

thanks and regards

Purna

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually my problem is when i am sending IDocs from SAP ECC system its not reaching my PI System.

cofiguration perfect in both SAP ECC and PI.

I found that u201Cdata supplier host parameter in SLD Administration was pointing to local hostu201D, in J2ee Adapter CPA cache parameter was showing local host. so I want to change local host parameter to host nameu201D.

this is my exact problem .

many thanks guys for your valuable input.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

THANK YOU GUYS , THE PROBLEM SOLVED