cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendor return of produced components

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Client receives "R" material from vendor- A, it goes for subcontracting at B and changes to "S" material. "S" material is received back by client. Machining operation happens at clients machine shop C, after 5 operations- final confirmation "S" material changes to "F" material.

Now during final inspection

"F" material is rejected due to "R" material complaint. How can I debit vendor and return this "R" material to vendor A.

"F" material rejected due to "S-material* issues, here "subcontractor-B" is to be debited.How to do this.

Pls suggest a way out.

Thanks

VV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth,

I think you should use salvage order concept. Here you consume FG and get the stock of Raw material. Physically also I believe, you have to disassemble the F material in order to send original raw material back to vendor. So better to map the shop floor scenarios as it is into the system.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be controlled manually only.

Either use notification against the vendor & fill corrective preventive action.

As far as debit to the vendor is concern there is direct procedure available in the SAP.You have to control it manually.

Returning the material to vendor then this will again becomes the manual process.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All of these should result in notification against the vendor. In the notification set up the tasks to have purchasing arange the credits.

I don't think you'll find any fully automatic way to handle this process.

FF