cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor return from production line

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am having a client requirement for vendor returns.

Client recieves "R-material" from a vendor and it undergoes 3 operations. Then "R-material" changes to "F-material" during GR for production order.

Scenario:

Final inspection stage- 04 type

100 nos of "F-material" is pending for inspection and out of this 20 nos are not acceptable due to vendor complaints related to "R-material". Now this 20 nos needs to be returned to vendor as "R-material" and vendor is to be debited. But when production did Goods Receipt for production order, these "R-material" already got consumed.

F-material in quality inspection.

80 to unrestricted

20 to where?

For R-material, how can I debit and return these 20 parts to vendor. Actually, "F-material" is send as "R-material" to the vendor, and will be debited for "R-material" procurement price

Pls suggest a solution.

Thanks

VV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Using production order without material to bring back consumed raw materials.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vineeth,

I think Craig has suggested a good solution. Apart from this another way has just fondled into my mind. Try this if works for you.

1. Post 80 okay to unrestricted

2. Save

3. Again go to QA11 for posting remaining 20 materials.

4. Post 20 to unrestricted again but change the storage location. You might have to customize new storage location for vendor returns

5. Customize a new order type. We will call it as salvage order.

6. To this order you have to consume u201CFu201D material i.e. FG and will create u201CRu201D material either as by-product through 531 movement or through fresh production as 101 movement

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do salvage order have a cost implication? I dont want to incurr additional cost for this activity as this is not practised in client business

Thanks

VV

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the usage decision screen you have two options that I can see.

1) Post the 20 units to a "new" material with same FP batch number thus allowing you post the material to the "R" material number. I would also might consider creating a new storage location for material being returned to a vendor. This should be a location in the warehouse that you would have production move the 20 units to until the return paperwork can be completed. I fyou use batch management with status, then the status of this new batch should be restricted.

2) Post the 20 units to blocked stock. Maybe also use a special storage location for this as well as described above.

FF