cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment on Reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I update project commitment on the basis of Material Reservation with internal activity? I came to know that a program exists in SAP which updates the project commitments on the basis of reservation. can anyone refer me that program?

In addition to this please guide me if I can check budget with reservation. FM is not implemented here.

Thanks in anticipation...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand your requirement is not supported by fundamentals of SAP system design. Commitment is nothing but which you are you have to some how pay to external vendor or internal entity. Refer note 91036.

Reservations do not generate any commitments in the R/3 system. Commitments are exclusively generated from purchase orders, purchase requisitions, funds commitments and funds reservations.

As resevation is something you have booked for your future requirement, but not consumed.

For budget anyway when you put actaul cost at that time system is cheking your budget.

If someone has differenet opinion please share.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is bit old thread but anyway I need some input from forum.

Not commitment but if you raise reservation as "reservation for network" budget will be blocked as Rem.order Plan value & will be available on assigned budget.

But we are using "reservation for WBS E", normaly gets the moving Ave. price(MAP) for plan values on cost plan reports.

But our requiremnt is to have outline agreement price/contact price as plan value for reservations(reservation for WBS E)

Can any expert share some workaround solution for this.

Thanks & regards,

SL