5 planners

100 customer

Forecast is done on the basis of product, customer , plant and storage location

For the above scenario how many planning book i need to create , Please advise

Thanks in advance

Regards

Raj

Note:

For promotion planning do i need to create seperated planning book or just use the normal book for forecast

Edited by: Rajkumar Raju on Mar 16, 2010 11:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajkumar,

I am hoping that you are asking this question from an authorisation point of view and perfomanc point of view.

From authorisation point view, if you want to restrict the access of diferent stakeholders, you can create different selection ids and restrict the authorisation at that level.

for example, a different selection id could be created for the sales force and restrict their access at their usrd id/selection id level. similary for a business manger, access could be restrcited at a higher level.

from a performance perspective, SAP best practices suggets that you should create a different planning book for batch jobs.

laslty, depending upon your business scenario, you may use the standard planning book provided by SAP for promotion planning.

Let me know if this helps.

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sundeep,

Thanks for your kind clear reply ,

i have few questions on your reply

Authorisation point view - its pretty clear

but regrading Performance you said

SAP best practices suggets that you should create a different planning book for batch jobs.

which mean i need to create many planning books ? if yes how many would be nice for the above scenario

Promotion planning - clear

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajkuamr,

what i meant was, you can create a different SNP planning, in which probably you would want to include almost all or all key figures of the planning area. i am assuming that there must be some key figures which you would not want to include in the user planning book. Hence you can create another planning book in which you can include all the key figures, or make all key figures ediatble (in case u need to make certain adjustements manually - not advisable though !!!) and run all the batch jobs on that plannig book.

award points if helpful.

Rgds, Sandeep

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

Thanks very much , awarded full points

Regards

Raj

Answers (0)