Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"CPIC-CALL: 'ThCMSEND' : cmRc=18 thRc=0#Statistics not active " ABAP dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used a external RFC client and call function modules on SAP system via RFC connection to retrieve data from SAP, sometimes, I got a short dump with the short text CALL_FUNCTION_SEND_ERROR. The dump goes on to say "CPIC-CALL: 'ThCMSEND' : cmRc=18 thRc=0#Statistics not active " Status of connection.... "CODE=CM_DEALLOCATED_NORMAL CM_SEND_RECEIVED

CM_COMPLETE_DATA_RECEIVED SAPCODE=0 CONV=73378978"

Internal error code.... "RFC_IO5"

I searched sdn but the only two hits are very old and dont seem to offer a solution. Does anyone know the cause of this one?

Best regards

Eric

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help?

0 Kudos

Refer to link below:

former_member183990
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

As you told it is external RFC which is a non-SAP system

they need to register with SAP system

go to SM59 and in CPIC connections check for your destination and double click on that and give test connection ,

hope you will get teh same error there as well, it seems that they haven't registered

ask your basis person to check the same.

Cheers

s.janagar

0 Kudos

Thks for your suggestions, but I have a question here, most of the SAP system work except one generate the ABAP dump. Our function modules don't need any configuration you metioned and it works on most of the SAP systems, so from my point of view, it has nothig with destination settings ,do you think so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shen Gang,

We have encountered a similar issue, can you disclose the solution if you have any. Thanks.

Regards,

RT

0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand this is a 5 year old thread...

But I am seeing this situation randomly as well in our production ECC system, and this thread matches exactly.

Our scenario is this: we have an application that uses an RFC connection to export system statistic information (STAD/ST05) to an external database for historical purposes.

The application calls the RFC approximately every 5 min 24/7/366 and only gets the message and dumps (CPIC-CALL: 'ThCMSEND' : cmRc=18 thRc=0#Statistics not active) about 1% of the time.

Please let me know what your resolution was.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hello.

We are exactly in the same situation...any idea to solve this issue please?.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Carlos,

Checking with Basis team in terms of availablity of workprocesses in the concerned server may give you some lead.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran.

Thanks for your answer but the workprocesses are not the problem, we have enough workprocesses free to process rfc at time when dumps occurs.

Carlos,

For us the issue was connected to many, many, GUI sessions not being released from the gateways after logoff.  This was causing an issue where the communication was timing out waiting for an available session.

In our case, using tcode SM04 on each ECC application server, we could see extremely old non-active RFC sessions. After removing those session that were inactive for at least 24hrs (painstakingly, one-by-one) we saw immediate relief and the new RFC's stopped failing.

I'm pretty sure it's a kernel issue, but we only saw it in production where the load is great enough for it to surface.

Not really a resolution, but I hope that helps you find yours.

Jim

PS: You can easily see if this is part of your symptom by using tcode SM51 ==> Goto ==> User (click)

then Goto ==> System Wide List

and sort the output by "dialog time"

(My references are on  ECC 7.40 EHP7)