cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop-down dox dynamic list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am having a issue with dynamic list dropdown box. I am having a BI Query with a mandatory variable on shiping point. I built one drop down box with dynamic entry list for this variable,no. of shipping points in the master data are around 150 and hence no problem. After the selction of the shipping point the query then displays all the routes in that shipping point. i want to build another dynamic entry list on the routes. When i create a dynamic entry list, all the data in the master data for route is coming up.

I want to get only the routes that are displayed from the query.

Thank you,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In BI

1. Create a Query with the following

Drag "Shipping Point" into Free Characteristics

Drag "Route" into Rows.

In VC

1. Drag a Drop-down List into the form

2. Goto tab "Entry List" and select radio Button "Dynamic "

3. In Popup - Select the Query you have created in BI

4. Select Input in Input port

5. Select Output in Output Port and click OK

6. Input port: Enter the "Shipping Point" drop-down list variable name

7. Output Port: Select the Text and Value fields.

With the above steps you can achieve dynamic Route drop-down of list based on the Shipping point selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create one more BI query with 'Shipping Point' as input variable & 'Route' as output. Then pass the values of first dropdown to input of this new BI query. & from output of this new query drag one form & create another similar drill down on 'Route' similar to 'Shipping Point'. I think this is what you are looking for, if you have any doubts then let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reponse. I have assigned the route output from the first query to the input of the second drop down. This is bringing only one value into the dropdown box. When i keep the input blank, it is getting all the values. Have you tried the method you mentioned to me before? If so did it bring the required values?

Regards,

Ravi.