cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in RFC sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am configuring a RFC sender Adapter in a newly installed system.

I configured the adapter as per the parematers given in SAP help in the exact way and started getting the error

Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: senderAgreement not found: lookup of binding via CPA-cache failed for AdapterType RFC, AdapterNS http://sap.com/xi/XI/System, direction INBOUND, fromParty '*', fromService 'RD1CLNT020', toParty '', toService '', interface 'Z_TEST', NS 'urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions' for channel 'RD1CLNT020_IN' (channelId 897afca12ee93b86a5bfcd738c037099)

If I go into SXI_CACHE of the PI system I can see the entry.

My gut feeling is that the adapter is not fetching the metadata properely.

Because I switched the metadata loging from the ECC system to PI system and I got the error

JCO.Server could not find server function 'Z_TEST'

I think in the basis setup we have missed something The version on which we are working is the Latest PI 7.1

If somebody has a document at the the config for JCO or a solution for this problem will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Gagan Kasana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no magic with this error - it's a common one

1. my blog - RFC sedenr adapter config -

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

then is still does not work:

2.check out OSS note 730870 - FAQ RFC Adapter

"Question 19:

While sending a RFC call to the RFC Adapter I get a error message like "com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: lookup of binding via CPA-cache failed..." or "com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: senderAgreement not found: lookup of binding via CPA-cache failed...". What is missing?"

and you have it working

please let me know if this helped

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I had gone thru your blog and thru the SAP help a 100 times and also thru the famous Question 19 of 730870 .

Which talk about what should be in the sender agreement for the CPA cache.

The thing is I see the data in my XI cache so I can't make out why it is giving the error.

if you are fine can I mail you the screen shots of what I am doing and you can point the error .

Thanks & Regards

Gagan Kasana

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is so tricky, that nobody can find it:

PI creates channels and sender agreement always with party = '*'.

This works well for all adapters, besides RFC adapter.

So copy the channel and sender agreement to empty party (without star).

Then it will work.

btw: you can create independed channels with and without * in party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan,

This has solved the problem. Who would have gussed that a "*" was causing the problem all the while.

Thanks a Lot

Regards

Gagan Kasana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I am new to PI.. and I am getting the same error. Can you tell me how to proceed with copying the channel and sender agreement to empty party (without star).

BR

Manu Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

<I am using SAP PI 7.4. HEre the channels are not created with a *. Still the problem persists. I have to refresh the cashe agaian and again to make the channel work. So my RFC scenarios keep failing. Please help.

p></p>

Answers (0)