Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price discounts by Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Current Practice:

I am the pricing administrator for my company, and currently we use a very tedious method to assign transfer pricing. We currently assign each Material its own price for each condition type, and each customer. We have approximately 2,000 sales models, along with approximately 20 different condition/customer combinations, which leaves us with a total of around 40,000 different pricing combinations.

Ideal Practice:

Ideally, I would like to be able to maintain just one set of prices based on the material number. SAP would then calculate the price for each customer based upon the Discount rate associated with that customer.

IE:

Base Price for Material 1=$100

Discount for Customer A = 10%

Price for Customer A on Material 1 = $90

This seems fairly simple in theory to me, but I have been unable to figure out how to establish something of this nature. I have contacted other pricing administrators in the company, but it has not been very helpful.

We do sell to external customers, intercomany sales, and intercompany stock transfers. Even if we could just narrow this down to 3 seperate lists to maintain, it would be worth it.

The current Condition types we use for our pricing include: ZR01, ZPI2, ZPI6, ZIF3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is quite possible. Presently, it seems, you would be maintaining customer wise price and as per your indication, price remains the same but percentage of discount will differ customer to customer.

If that is the case, you just maintain the price for Material. For discount, create a discount condition type in V/06 with Condition Class and Calculation Type as A and also X against "Plus/minus". Dont forget to assign some access sequence on top right.

Now go to V/07, select this access sequence and execute. There maintain table 307 and save.

Next as a one time exercise, you maintain the required discount customer wise and save.

Now as and when the sale order is created, system will fetch the discount based on the customer.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

although u have mentioned the customized condition types ,seems you are using base price.

It can not be confirmed without knowledge of exact situation of company's processes and pricing structure,whatever your are expecting is possible in SAP.

You can maintain different prile list types, price groups for customers as well as materials and they can define the value derived in condition at the time of transaction.

Same way for discounts you can maintian different levels of discount with authorizations and they can be uploaded with validity dates in SAP. They can also be triggered using the above combination of customer price list, customer price group ,customer group etc.

All the conditions can be uploaded from Excel or notepad files.

You can also have different way ,sequence of price calculation for intercompany STO and external sale etc.

So try to get in more details and be more specific regarding the problem faced ,then you have better chance of gettign exact solution.

Feel free to revert and ask

Regards

Mandar