cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue - Radio button as table row selector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WDJ table with 1500+ records to be displayed at one shot. The first column of the table is a radio button. It takes 5-6 seconds for the radio button to get clicked and send a request from browser. The radio is not getting clicked immediatly after the mouse click. This time gap goes up when the records in the table increases.

There is only 1 round trip(table row selection is disabled and compatibiltymode is set to NW04S)

Is there a way to optmize this behaviour?

regards,

Sujesh

Edited by: sujesh kc on Mar 15, 2010 10:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me the screen resolution that allows to see 1500+ table rows at one shot?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Can you tell me the screen resolution that allows to see 1500+ table rows at one shot?

>

> Armin

Good One!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

We have put the table inside a scroll container. All the 1500+ records will be displayed in table without pagination. For viewing all the records, user will scrolldown the vertical scroller of Scroll container.

regards,

Sujesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had such problem. Selecting radio button caused large traffic between presentation and application server.

I removed the table and created dynamically all fields in a matrix layout using wdDoModifyView.

View was displaying very fast.

Regards,

--

Przemysław

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Przemysław,

Thank you for the information.

Does this mean that I need to remove the table from the screen? All the ui elements in the table like radio button, checkbox, textview etc (these are table column elements) need to be dynamically generated?

regards,

Sujesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you do not need lead selection, you can do that - it is working in my project.

My mistake - it was GridLayout, not MatrixLayout.

I created a context node, which was dynamically filled with attributes like FIELDNAME_ROW (to store text, and also dynamic attributes like visible, read only, etc.).

Then I created elements (InputFields, TextViews, RadioButtons, etc.) and placed them on the view.

When I was using table, then selecting row, changing radio buttons caused data transfer to the server and back - I was taking definatelly to much time.

Regards,

--

Przemysław

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My table has radio button/checkbox as 1 column based on some conditions. We used cell variant for the same.

We need to have leadselection functionality to check which radio is selected. We have already disabled table row selection. When the table gets filled with data, each row consists of radio and textview elements, any action on the radio button/checkbox on the column takes time. It takes time to first get it clicked and then send request to server.

Is this the scenario you are tried? When amount of HTML loaded due to the large number of records, we see this behaviour. Incase of table with less records(viz ~100 records), this issue is not seen.

Any ideas?

regards,

Sujesh

Edited by: sujesh kc on Mar 16, 2010 4:23 PM