cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in SMDAgent 711 with Wily Introscope 8.1 SolMan Ehp1 SPS22 AIX 64bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

After install (from documentations step-by-step) you not see Wily Introscope agent version and saposcol not working on satelite hosts, when you try config it for monitoring.

Always check the SMD Agent log :

http://<yourserver>:5<instance>00/smd/go/ADMIN_AGENT -> "Agent Log viewer" tab

or SMDAgentApplication.0.log from OS level

And find some interesting error.

Mar 15, 2010 5:49:18 PM [Thread[Thread-813,5,main]] Warning    com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.destination.ProcessDestination - commandExists: file /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA90/exe/saposcol does not exist, destination Process_Saposcol not available

saposcol binares missing from SMD Agent 711 (actual) install kit. Download from swdc (this sar file only) and put it the kernel directory and change the host saposcol for this.

2, (my favorit

Mar 15, 2010 7:33:51 PM [Thread[Thread-401,5,main]] Error      Failed to load vm properties from File System :/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA90/SMDAgent/usr/sap/DHS/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties.vmprop
Mar 15, 2010 7:33:51 PM [Thread[Thread-401,5,main]] Error      ISAgent Settings Retrieval: <SID> - <SAP JJEE instance> - Operation failed -  <SID> - <SAP JJEE instance>
[EXCEPTION]
 java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.impl700.VMManager.getVMSettingsFromInstanceProperties(VMManager.java:308)
at com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.impl700.VMManager.getVMSettingsFromInstanceProperties(VMManager.java:369)

http://<yourserver>:5<instance>00/smd -> Managed System -> Setup Wizzard

Internal java script is wrong somewhere, do not use the relative path!

my simple solution: cd /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<instance>/SMDAgent and create symlink ln -s /usr usr

Good work everybody. I do not find this error or solution on SDN or SAP notes.

Imre Ihring

Edited by: Imre Ihring on Mar 15, 2010 8:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reported this bug to SAP, then made the misake of addmitting the workaround "ln -s /usr" in SMDAgent directory.

They've asked me to close message since I have a work around!

Ken

gopi_sagi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I applied note 1409730 and reconfigured agent in solman_setup. This issue resolved for me.

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The newest bug:

Mar 18, 2010 8:40:04 AM [Thread[Thread-134,5,main]] Warning    JavaDumpService@273af4e5: flight recorder dump folder doesn't exist [/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA90/SMDAgent/usr/sap/DHS/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/dumps]
Mar 18, 2010 8:40:05 AM [Thread[Thread-135,5,main]] Warning    JavaDumpService@273af4e5: flight recorder dump folder doesn't exist [/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA90/SMDAgent/usr/sap/DHS/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/dumps]
Mar 18, 2010 9:40:05 AM [Thread[Thread-124,5,main]] Warning    JavaDumpService@273af4e5: flight recorder dump folder doesn't exist [/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA90/SMDAgent/usr/sap/DHS/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/dumps]
Mar 18, 2010 9:40:05 AM [Thread[Thread-132,5,main]] Warning    JavaDumpService@273af4e5: flight recorder dump folder doesn't exist [/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA90/SMDAgent/usr/sap/DHS/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/dumps]

I have not dumps on portal These directories are realy not exist in 7.01 up-to date SAP Portal directory structure.

Imre

Edited by: Imre Ihring on Mar 18, 2010 10:22 AM

Edited by: Imre Ihring on Mar 18, 2010 10:22 AM

Edited by: Imre Ihring on Mar 18, 2010 10:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing same problem (or errors):

Oct 15, 2010 1:43:23 AM [Thread[Thread-109,5,main]] Warning JavaDumpService@1be37847: flight recorder dump folder doesn't exist [/usr/sap/xxx/DVEBMGS/j2ee/cluster/server0/dumps]

Oct 15, 2010 2:43:21 AM [Thread[Thread-94,5,main]] Warning JavaDumpService@1be37847: flight recorder dump folder doesn't exist [/usr/sap/xxx/DVEBMGS/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/dumps]

I have read that it is related to this parameter (flight recorder):

jstartup/recorder = java -classpath ..\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap\launcher.jar com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.flightrecorder.core.Collector ..\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap -node %nodeID% %startTime% -bz $(DIR_GLOBAL)

I am going to add it to the managed instance profile, I will let you if it solves the problem but I think it is the good solution.

I have also the warning you reported about saposcol:

Oct 15, 2010 11:33:51 AM [Thread[Thread-149,5,main]] Warning com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.destination.ProcessDestination - commandExists: file /usr/sap/xxx/SMDA97/exe/saposcol does not exist, dest

ination Process_Saposcol not available

Oct 15, 2010 11:33:51 AM [Thread[Thread-149,5,main]] Warning com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.destination.ProcessDestination - open(): file saposcol does not exist, destination not available

But I am not sure to understand your solution, did you downloaded another saposcol for the Agent instance? If saposcol is already running for the central instance of the managed system do you need another saposcol for the Agent SMD???

Br,

Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I copied saposcol v7.11 to the following directories and it fixed the problem:

\usr\sap\<SID>\SMDA97\exe\

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\<os-ver>\

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) What does SMD Agent want with saposcol? Isn't your monitored SAP running it?

It HAS moved. Its in $DIR_CT_RUN from $DIR_EXECUTABLE. The profile has a new parameter exe/saposcol that defines its location.

2) I see RootDir=usr/sap/SID not found in SolMans default trace file. It's not a SMDAgent bug... alll my agents got it and they're at different SMD levels.

If you re-enter diagnotics setup > managed system and start the wizard, the system path keeps dropping the leading /. This must be the NullPointExeption that

Diagnostic setup>managed system>intorscope agent reports.

I think I have enough information to report this now. SP 22 nulls out alover the place! I want to get rid of the one in the extractors ... it happens 1000 times a day!

Ken Chamberlain

University of Toronto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ken,

1,Yes my systems running.

2, When startind SMD Agent and find saposcol :

Mar 15, 2010 8:31:10 PM [Thread[Thread-82,5,main]] Warning    com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.SapOsColAction - launchDaemon(): saposcol exited with 25520:31:09 15.03.2010   LOG: Effective User Id is root
* This is Saposcol Version COLL 21.02 711 - AIX v12.16 5L-64 bit 090929
* Usage:  saposcol -l: Start OS Collector
*         saposcol -k: Stop  OS Collector
*         saposcol -d: OS Collector Dialog Mode
*         saposcol -s: OS Collector Status
* The OS Collector (PID 1638528) is already running .....

Mar 15, 2010 8:31:13 PM [Thread[SAPOsCol,5,main]] Error      com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction - run(): Action throws exception, will be terminated: SAPOsCol
[EXCEPTION]
 java.lang.NullPointerException: 

3, The older version of SMD Agent or other Operating System (Windows) I have not problem with SMD Agent functionality

Imre

Edited by: Imre Ihring on Mar 18, 2010 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue. Try applying note 1409730 then setup managed system setup wizard again and you should be ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not relevant the "Note 1409730 - Non standard ABAP Instance path and missing leading '/'. ". I configure host agent with this option, without leading '/' could not save it!. After use the wizard (without error message) I see in the SMP log, the agent not use the leading '/'

Edited by: Imre Ihring on Mar 18, 2010 10:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your point 2)? what to do in OS and what in SAP.

I also activated the Portal Activity Reporting (EP) but I always "No Applicable Data Found." in Workload Analysis->Portal Activity Reporting You know why?

Best Regards,

Diego.