cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a track for production support in NWDI ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

*I have a requirement:*

Suppose I am working on a product development, i have finished phase -1 of the development, I moved the changes to QA system and than I moved it to the production.

Than I started working on Phase-2 of that product development, and I have done lots of additional changes to the code which was in Phase-1, suddenly I came to know that there are some bugs in the production, that is bugs in the phase-1 code which is in production now.

Since i can not use current code which i have in development track, since I have done lots of changes in that , Now I want to know what is the best possible way to fix that bug, since I have to fix that bug in a day or 2 max, I can wait for the phase-2 developement but I can not wait much to fix the bug. In have to fix bugs immediately.

Please let me know how to do this in the best possible way. How to maintain the tracks for this.

regards

vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

there is a very nice blog entry on SDN from Marion Schlotte.

I think this will give you one or antoher clue on how one can do this.

/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2006/03/30/best-practices-for-nwdi-track-design-for-ongoing-development

Hope this helps

Jan

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Do you have copy fot you development track when you moved from phase-1.

If you don't have then i don't think it is possible to modify as you are already modified that project/DC. I think you need to wait for phase-2 for that case

Thanks

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I do not have any back up of the code which I have written for Phase-1.

In continuation to phase-1 development only, I have added more code for phase-2, in same DC.

Now please let me know, if I have found bugs in the production , how to resolve it. I can not wait for phase-2 to get completed, as it will take 2-3 months. and I want to fix bug in production asap.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

it's better you create a new track for that purpose.

1. create a new track

2. transport your sc(phase-1) from old track to new track

3. if your bug fix are well organized in specific activities, release those activities and transport to new track also. if not, you have to fix them again.

Best regards,

john