cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding Tree Node Element when text is clicked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are on EP 7.0. We are using Skills Profile in Talent management. In the skills management, on the skills profile page, once you select a skill and click Add new, it opens a new page which is actually a WD UI element tree and has Tree Node type element. The default behavior of this element is to open up the tree structure, once the small arrow next to the text is clicked.

Our users have a requirement, where in they want to expand the node / tree structure, from the click of the text also.

Please help.

thanks

preet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Do you still need clarification of steps on this or you are OK? I am sorry, I did not see this post until now.

preet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

THanks a lot for your reply. Can you please give me some details? I am kind of lost beyond step 3.

Sorry for the trouble.

thanks

preet

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Bind the "expanded" property of TreeNodeType to some context attribute "nodeExpanded" (under the data source node named e.g. "Tree").

- Assign an action "TreeNodeClicked" to the "onAction" event of the TreeNodeType.

- Add an action parameter "treeNode" of type "ITreeElement"

- Define an event parameter mapping "nodeElement" -> "treeNode"

- In the action handler, set the "nodeExpanded" attribute to true for parameter "treeNode"

Armin