cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing RAM and CPU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one let me know how to calculate or give an idea giving example as to how to know sizing requirements for RAM and CPU.

I found Information about disk sizing using formula

n * (12KB + m * 1KB)

With… n…number of cases or records

m…number of elements in case (embedded record) or record

so 1,000,000 records per year, each with 5 elements will consume roughly 16 GB.

However, I'm unable to find sizing info. for CPU and Memory Consumption.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Hemal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemal,

I am also looking for something similar. I am doing capacity planning for SAP XI system hardware metrics such as CPU, Memory & Disk with regards to Interfaces (Message Size & No. of Messages).

Could you please let me know what does element exactly mean in your formula? Could you also please pass me with relevant formulae for Memory & Disk and any documentation you might have around this to chandu4sap at yahoo dot com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

Chandu.

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemal,

when you download the sizing guide for SP03 from the service-marketplace, you can find the formula for calculating memory in dependency of the repository (thin, medium, large) and the number of records. Section 2.2.2 describes this in detail.

For sizing the memory, there's the Linear model Polynomial: f(x) = p1*x + p2

Where: f(x) - Memory in MB, x – Number of Records.

Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):

p1 p2

Thin 0.000498 20.63

Standard 0.000954 479.8

Rich 0.00196 360

SDN doesn't allow to post screenshots, so it would be really best, if you download the newest sizing guide to have the most updated info.

Regards Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Can you please let me know what is p1 and p2 value?

Thanks,

Hemal

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemal,

these factirs are derived from the measurements from sample sizings. So they just describe the formula for the calculation.

I again highly recommend to download the sizing guide. You've there everything in written form to perform a serious sizing.

Regards Klaus