cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC DRIVER JDK Compatability...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently using XI 3.0 service pack 20 which runs on JDK 1.3..we have an interface to an oracle system which is on 11g..

We were given the OJDBC6 drives (which I understand is only for JDK 1.6) and we installed it.. but the CC does not due the JDK incompatability... the exact error in CC - (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0).

I would like to knowif anybody has faced this issue and what is the best solution possible -

1) Upgrade Xi 3.0 to JDK 1.6...not sure if that is possible?

2) Use a lower version drivers to connect tot the db...not sure if that is possible either...

I would appreciate your thoughts on this issue...

Regards,

Arvind R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

using Lower version drivers it is not possible to connect to ORACLE 11G,i think 11G drivers compatible ith JDK1.6 .

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

The installation wizard creates an Oracle JDBC provider that uses the Oracle 10g JDBC driver (ojdbc14.jar). This JDBC driver can be used for connecting to both Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g. However, you might want to use the Oracle 11g JDBC driver (ojdbc5.jar) for connecting to Oracle 11g if you find issues with the Oracle 10g JDBC driver, or if your organization has standardized on the Oracle 11g JDBC driver.

Find more infor here...

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_111060.html

Regds,

Pinangshuk.