cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename file name & format using ftp sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is regarding the renaming of file at sender file(FTP) communication channel and placeing the same file in the same folder.

At FTP server at sender side (i.e.clients place) is in .txt format.But now .txt file has to rename and change into .sav foramt with below required name convention of file.

client format is : SAP_Order.txt (Pervious file name).

We need to change the file in to "SAP_Order_yyyymmddThhmmss.sav" format..

How can i achieve this requirement?

Can please suggests me solutions ASAP.

Best Regards,

satya,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your requirement is to pick the existing file in the FTP folder...and send as idoc to the target and place the renamed file to FTP folder...

then its simple...

use two receivers instead of one , one for point to target and other for sender itself... (second receiver is for changing the file name format....)

Hope the above understanding is correct...if not provide more details of your requirement...

HTH

Rajesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

write a batch /shell script for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

using shell script can we chnage the format and place the file in to that same folder?

why because that .sav files will be sent to an archive folder once a day.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use dynamic configuration UDF ,its very simple.search in sdn you will find the UDF code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajasekhar,

My interface is File to idoc before processing the file from File(FTP) adapter can we change the format of file in the ftp server itself.

If we go for Dynamic configuration we need to develop one more interface and has to place the file in to other folder (archive folder).But i need to change format with in the FTP server itself.

Regards,

satya.

Edited by: satyatanuku on Mar 15, 2010 1:41 PM