cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy Taking long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP ERP 6.0 with EHP4 ready. Then before upgrading it to EHP4, I done client copy from 001 to 100. This copy is finished in one hour.

Then I upgraded to EHP4 for HCM and IS-H component. The upgrade happened successfully.

Immedialtly after finishing upgrade, now I am doing the client copy from 100 to 110, but it is running long time more than 3 hours. I started it in dialogue and I already set the online runtime parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time value to 6000 in RZ11.

In SM50 it is showing report SAPMS38L running by SAP* and action delete on table D010INC.

Do I need to do any extra parameter settings?? Is there any effect of EHP4 upgrade on my server because of which my client copy is running for long time??

Please reply with your expert solutions..

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

In addition to the above.

Do you regularly create new statistics? Often performance problems

on D010INC are related to outdated statistics.

Please check if creating new statistics helps.

Please update the statistics of the table and then see if

the situation gets improved.

Please also see the following SAP notes:

541311 CC-INFO: Parallel processes FAQ

489690 CC INFO: Copying large production client

446485 CC-ADMIN: Special copying options

Hope this is of help,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I always use to do CC in background only. And this time I started initially in background only. But when I checked it was running long time with the same reason which I mentioned before. Then just for cross check again I restarted in dialogue. In dialogue also it was using only work process with the same message.

But I forgot one thing to do ...that is running upadate statics, I always use to do it after any upgrade but this time I forgot.

Finally as per Paul answer I stopped copy and first I run the DB update statics and then again I started CC and it finished success fully.

Thanks Paul for great answer.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

It is not advisable to start client copy in the dialogue mode. It is needed to start in background mode with the parallel processes.

parallel processes can be found in SCCL--> settings, generally 80 % of total dialogue wps are to be taken for parallel processes. revert back if you need any further clarifications.

Thanks and Regards

Purna