cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Plant Connectivity Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Plant Connectivity 2.0.1.7 with SAP MII 12.1.4.

we have configured two agents which are running automatically but agents got stopped whenever there is upgrade in MII and again we need to reconfigure agents.

Please resolve this issue.

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Did you check the event viewer logs where PCo is installed? Were there any indicators of the root cause?

You may want to put in a support ticket for this.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say upgrade, is it from 12.0 to 12.1 or appling a patch?

Also, what specific items do you have to reconfigure in the agents?

Edited by: CKxMII on Mar 15, 2010 3:25 PM

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, just to follow up on what Manoj has mentioned. MII was always on 12.1, but patches were updated. When this happened, we got errors that the PCo couldn't connect to the Destination (MII). What happened, was the PCo Agent would start and work for a period, but then when it tried to re-connect (I think after the initial session timed out), it wasn't able to, saying invalid version of MII. If we stopped and started the PCo, it would run for a time and then fall over again.

We reconfigured the MII Destination (still just selected 12.1) and then deleted the PCo agents and re-configured them. Now we're getting the error that there's an invalid date format - not too sure where it could pick that up other than from the OPC Server. All the Agents are doing is monitoring one tag each. If the tag value = 1, then the notification fires and calls the MII transaction.

The OPC Source hasn't changed, all that's changed is we've patched MII.

Has anyone else experienced this same sort of behaviour from the PCo 2.0?

Edited by: Lawrence Prinsloo on Mar 15, 2010 4:44 PM

Edited by: Lawrence Prinsloo on Mar 15, 2010 4:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently we went from MII 12.0 to 12.1. I remember having such issues but can't recollect anything of the "invalid date format" sorts. But the stability concerns of PCo is not an unheard of thing. I am not surprised.

0 Kudos

Lawrence,

I've seen that message before from PCo and was assured that it was fixed in newer releases, check that you have the latest v2.0. The only one I have handy is an internal version so it's not much use for me to replicate the scenario.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salvatore Castro,

That issue got almost resolved after new version installation of PCo.

Thanks,

Manoj Bilthare

0 Kudos

Manoj,

What do you mean by almost resolved? Is it a new errror or the same one? Also, what is the frequency of the Aysnc notifications?

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salvatore Castro,

We need to test the MII version change issue whenever we update MII patchs we need to reconfigure the PCo.

we have not upadated yet mii patchs etc. thats why i told you that almost resolved.

well currently it is working fine.

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare