cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP sender - requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to pick the files from an FTP server. The FTP vendor wants us to do the following while picking the files.

1. Log in with your parameters

2. go to folder 'ExportSAP

3. Search for u201ESAP_Order.txtu201C

4. Rename file u201ESAP_Order.txtu201C to u201E SAP_Order_yyyymmddThhmmss.txtu201C via FTP connection

5. Download the renamed file u201E SAP_Order_yyyymmddThhmmss.txtu201C from our server to your application

6. Rename the u201ESAP_Order_yyyymmddThhmmss.txtu201C to u201E SAP_Order_yyyymmddThhmmss.savu201C

My Questions:

1. Can we rename the files before picking/processing them (Since he needs only the renamed files to be picked)?

I guess we can acheive this only by a runtime OS command. Is there any other way?

2. How can we change the format of the files after processing?

I suppose we can acheive this also only by a runtime OS command. Is there any other way?

3. Who can we ask for the OS command to be kept in the communication channel? Is the FTP vendor the one best suited to answer this?

Kindly help.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to develop one more scenario to rename files to desired format,then you other scenario to pick up files from new directoy.

I doubt OS Command will not work for FTP Scenarios,when you are sending file to target ddirectory you can change file name as per your required,its not going to be a big deal.

Regards.

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, John

No, you can't rename the files before picking/processing them in the same sender cc channel, neither using a os command. You must do it in a paral.lel process.

And yes, you can hange the format of the files after processing, using os command. However, you must use a remote shell, so os command are executed in your xi/PI system. There is a Michal's blog that help you to monitorize errors executing os command.

Regards,

Carme