Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Which Time disaggregation Method is used to Disaggregate as follows:

If the forecast is entered in weekly bucket as follows:

Week1 week2 week3

1000 1000 1000

How to achieve output in the below format when I see in the daily view:

Wk1/mon Wk1/tue Wk1/wed Wk1/thu Wk1/thus Wk1/fri Wk1/satWk1/sunwk2/monu2026.w3/Mon

1000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1000 u2026..1000

The aggregate value in the weekly buckets should be copied to first bucket in daily level.

Which time disagregation can used to achieve above format.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use P - Proportional distribution with Time based weighting factors of the time stream.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

where we can maintain weighing factors.

I am not using any calenders.System is disagregating equally from week to the days.

eg: wk1 =1000

mon=143

tue=143

wed=142

thu=142

fri=143

sat=142

sun143

Thanks in advance

regards

preetam

Edited by: preetam1196 on Mar 15, 2010 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pritam,

If you are not using a calendar, I would suggest using the option K and having the reference to another KF. That will require you have another KF which will store the Prop Ref. This way you also have the advantage and adapatability to change the prop factors if necessary later on.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh

Thanks a lot.

What steps need to folllow to fullfill my requirment.

I need to take a extra KF and maintain manual proportions right?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Preetam,

Create another KF and maintain the values 1,0,0,0,0,0,0 in the daily view. Remember to set this KF Time based disaggregation type to P.

To your original KF set the Time based disaggregation as K and enter the name of the new KF which you just created above. Thats all it should take care of the scenario.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can i use APODPDANT instead of new keyfigure?

Whether I need maintain all daily buckets of future horizon as 1,0,0,0,0,0,0. and every week i need to update it right?

Please confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think APODPDANT can also be used. Yes you will have to keep updating it every week. You could use a simple macro do that rollover week after week.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh

Thanks

You could use a simple macro do that rollover week after week.

Can you please provide me the logic of Macro to rolllover the same values to the next week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Preetam,

The frequency of the macro should be weekly. It should run on the daily time bucket profile. The logic should be to copy over data from 7 days older value.

If you are having 10 weeks of data, you need to copy 9 th week data into 10th week.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

I have thousands of products ...so for every product combination i need to maintain 1,0,0,0,0,0,0.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Preetam,

That wont be necessary, you can assign the value at the highest level of detail. You can also select all of your data and assign it. The data will get copied to all the lower levels. Ensure the normal aggregation is set to Average - A. This will ensure that the data set at the highest level is copied to the lower levels.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh

I am using APODPDANT to store proportions.I am confused with your message.

Please confirm whether i can proceed with apodpdant or any new KF.

Edited by: preetam1196 on Mar 15, 2010 1:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Preetam,

There are 2 types of disaggs..

Aggregate level Disagg and Time based disagg.

For the KF you use to store prop ref, Aggregate based Disagg shud be 'A - Average' and Time Based Disagg shud be 'P'. I have not used APODPDANT for such a purpose, so I would suggest you use a custom KF. If you try with APODPDANT let me know how it came thru.

Thanks

Mani

Answers (0)