cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating serial number via IQ01, the system throws an error with the message "Equipment xxxx already exists".

The reason for this is that the serial number is already assigned to another material of a plant which is now defunct. We would like to use the same serial number again for a running plant.

I would like to archive these old (and unused) serial numbers. When I tried to do this using SARA with object PM_OBJLIST, I could not provide the serial numbers against which the histories are to be removed.

What is the best way to get rid of the old serial numbers, so that they can be reused?

Regards,

Aroop

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I identified the technique on my own.

The serial number cannot be archived easily, but can be reused in the following manner.

Step 1: Remove old stocks from existing serial number. Get rid of the stocks via 201 or 551 movement.

Step 2: The system status is now changed to AVLB. Please note that there is no material / sloc assignment now, since there is no stock.

Step 3: Change the serial master in IQ02 using the Edit | Special serial no functions | change material number. Save the serial number.

Step 4: Now assign this serial number to the new material while having a production declaration. The material / plant gets changed and can be seen in IQ03.

Regards,

Aroop

0 Kudos

Thanks.... it's correct answer.