Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special character " (quote) in inbound proxy

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We have a scenario in which inbound proxy is implemented on SAP side. I am getting following error:-

Error during XML => ABAP conversion (Request Message; error ID: CX_ST_DESERIALIZATION_ERROR; (/1SAI/TXS9457077FA0DEC03F30D0 XML Bytepos.: 988 XML Path: MT_SLM_INT30_LUPReviewFromLUPS(1)Title(16) Error Text: Data loss occurred when converting PROPOSED 8" U/G HRDH & ROUTE Kernel ErrorId: CONVT_DATA_LOSS)) An error occurred when deserializing in the simple transformation program /1SAI/TXS9457077FA0DEC03F30D0 Data loss occurred when converting PROPOSED 8" U/G HRDH. KHUFF GAS WELL-1050 & COMMUNICATION ROUTE FOC TO HRDH RH-K6}

Could you please suggest me what is wrong in the data PROPOSED 8" U/G HRDH & ROUTE. I guess it is due to the use of " in the data. Could you please help me in this?

Regards,

Sami.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Samiullah Qureshi

For this kind of errors you can use Sting data type and in the proxy class you can handel the same by using type casting if required...

Regards

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was with the length of that field. That field was created in XI with max length 80. During proxy generation, corresponding abap field was created with 80 char. In the message, data for that field was 81 characters At runtime, when proxy runtime tried to map the xml to corresponding abap object, it failed.

While testing in Sproxy transaction when tried to execute after removing quote(") it was successful, as length was reduced to 80. So i went under impression that it is not working because of quote(").

Thanks for your rersponses.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing this information.

This is good to know.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

" and & are not allowed in XML.

How is the XML produced?