Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to restrict servicedesk status change

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Can we restrict access of status in the service desk message. I want to create and close for few users, reassign and putting on hold for few users....Please guide me how to do this in solman servicedesk.

Regards

S.Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manu,

Yes this is possible. You need to do the following.

1. Maintain authorization keys.

2. Assign this authorization keys to each status of the user status profile.

3. Maintain the the authorization in the roles.

This will resolve your issue. Please award points if issue is resolved.

regards,

Srinivas.

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your quick response on this......Could you please give me steps to do this in detail like how to maintain authorization key, assign authorization key to each status...

Thanks

S.Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

1. To maintain the authorization key, follow the path

Customer Relationship Manangement -> Transactions -> Basic Settings -> Status Management -> Define Status Authorization Keys

Here maintain your custom authorization keys

Z001- Create

Z002- Re assign

Z003- On Hold

& Z004 -Close.

2. To assign these to your user status, goto transaction CRMBS02 and open your user status profile.

Assign the Authorization keys to each of the statuses in the Authorization Code field.

3.To restrict the access for the statuses create a role for your requriement in pfcg and

goto the Cross-application Authorization Objects -> +Status Management: Set/Delete User Status + ->Authorization key.

here you maintain the authorization keys as per your requirement. Assign the role to different users to cross check the authorization assigned.

Hope this will suffice your requriement.

regards,

Srinivas.

Edited by: Srini24 on Mar 15, 2010 11:30 AM

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I hope i almost done .... can you please give me the options form the pfcg

*goto the Cross-application Authorization Objects -> +Status Management: Set/Delete User Status + ->Authorization key. * i could not find it in pfcg my system ecc6 kernal 700.

Regards

S.Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

This has to be done in the solution Manager server. Hope you are doing there only. There is a standard role for support desk

SAP_SUPPDESK_ADMIN. If you are not having the customized role, make a copy of this role and then follow the path I mentioned earlier to assign the auth. keys.

Regards,

Srinivas

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your time and help ..... I just maintained B_USERSTAT ina new role it worked.

Regards

S.Manu

Answers (0)