cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM system Hardware Sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on sizing for HCM box and if any of you can help me out it would be great. Essentially, I would like to find out the the table2: throughput ESS/MSS has element ESS-COST and I am not sure what this is for. Would you please tell me what I should enter here. This row also shows the Steps and Start Time & End Time. Would you please tell me what I should enter here.

Also for HCM-PY, I am not sure what would be the number of scenarios. We have 600 employees, and we run bi-weekly payroll for all employees. And we have rule to retain the payroll result for 7 years. And yeah, we expect to run this payroll within an hour. So what I should enter in HCM-PY objects, and start and end of processing time.

Thank you greatly.

saplover

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure of your exact query but general sizing guidelines can be taken from here:

Please refer to a SAP TechEd lecture regarding "CPU and memory scalability concept of SAP J2EE": http://service.sap.com/performance -> Media Library

> -> How-to: Best Practices for Java Performance & Load Tests, pp7,8; (TechEd 2006)

> -> How-to: Best Practices for Java Performance Analysis, pp8,9; (TechEd 2007)

Regards,

Snehal