cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ and CE 7.1 - CTSDEPLOY failure deploying to CE 7.1

0 Kudos

I have configured CTS+ using Solution Manager 7.01 as the Domain Controller for my non-ABAP systems. I have successfully deployed changes to NetWeaver Portal 7.0 EhP1 and PI 7.1. I cannot deploy to CE 7.1 using CTS+.

We are using NWDI 7.0 SP20 to manage Java from CE 7.1. NWDI is tightly coupled with the CTS+ Domain Controller. Export from NWDI to a transport in CTS+ is successful - no obvious errors. The import/delpoyment of the CE 7.1 transport fails, appearing to never begin the deployment execution:

Deploy web service destination = CTSDEPLOY

Directory = /usr/sap/trans/data

SDM Deploy URL = http://<fully qualified hostname>:50004

SLD Deploy URL =

XI Deploy URL =

Non-ABAP system Q80 (communication with system D90)

Start import with id:4B9D3DBC381D00AEE1008000C71A320A

Returncode: '12'

Error in execution of Web Services CTSDEPLOY , exception is cx_cts_file_import_failed

File import canceled

Deployment

End date and time: 20100314164097

Ended with return code: ===> 12 <===

I find very little information on the use of CTS+ with CE 7.1. Any assistance is greatly appeciated !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laura

I hav two domain.

In Domain A, Solman is domain controller and also as CTS+ server.

In Domain B, there are several PI systems needed to use CTS+ to transport PI Object.

Could you give me some sample of your configuration in PI for reference?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jim Wu

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check note 1426622?

Concerning installation of DI_CMS: thi is only required for SAP NetWeaver 7.0. As of enhancementpackage 1, this installation is not requried any more. The components of CTS+ became partof AS Java

Kind regards

karin

0 Kudos

Thank you both for your response.

I did apply Note 1426622 to my Solution Manager system (CTS+ Domain Controller); the problem is still occurring.

I had also posted a message with SAP Support and a technician has responded asking for information on the software components installed, plus install a diagnostic tool to pull more information.

Karin, I did notice that the version of DI_CMS on my system is 7.0 SP16. but based on your response this should not be an issue because the CTS+ Domain Controller system is Solution Manager 7.1. Can you tell me which Java software component this is included in on 7.01?

Regards,

Laura Hartless

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the parts that where in DI_CMS have been moved to LM-TOOLS which is aprt of the AS Java

Kind regards

Karin

0 Kudos

Hello all,

The problem has been resolved. The solution was to upgrade DI_CMS and LM_TOOLS on the Solution Manager system to the latest patch. DI_CMS in our SolMan system was not at 7.01; it was still set at 7.0. We upgraded LM_TOOLS first, but the problem still existed. DI_CMS was upgraded next, and the deployment to CE 7.1 went successfully.

Thanks to all for your responses and assistance.

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laura

I share mine experience to you.

I also use SolMan as CTS+ Server.

And I have to configure two CTSDEPLOY services.

One is for deploying object in EP 7.0.

The other is for deploying object in CE 7.1.

I do so because EP 7.0 and CE 7.1 using different service to deploy.

I guess you did not install new software component in SolMan to deploy to CE 7.1 needed.

(I remember taht SW is DI_CMS***)

Hope it is helpful

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Hello Laura,

1. Check if RFC CTSDEPLOY is working fine and the user details assigned is correct and working in the target.

2. Check if the configuration in TX- lpconfig is correct as per the CTS+ configuration guide.

Best Regards

NIraj

0 Kudos

Niraj,

Yes, both are configured properly and functioning. As I mentioned in my request, I'm able to successfully deploy using CTS+ to the EP system, so the deploy configuration on the CTS+ Domain Controller appears to be working properly.

It seems as if the deployment execution to CE 7.1 never actually begins.

Regards,

Laura