cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return PO in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you plz help me for the below two questions pertianing to return goods setup? I am using SRM 4.0 (server 5.0) extended classic scenario.

1. Can we create Return POs in SRM, as we do in ECC by checking the box 'return' in ME21N which would post GR with mvt type 161? Is it possible to setup such POs in SRM?

2. Is it possible to post a confirmation with a negative quantity ? When I tried to enter, it is telling "negatvie qty not allowed".

Could you plz suggest me if you know some other workaround for setting up a process similar to "Return PO in ECC"?

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: SRM Stranger on Mar 14, 2010 11:43 AM

Edited by: SRM Stranger on Mar 14, 2010 11:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are returning old goods back to a supplier where the PO is now closed could also be viewed as a Sales transaction from the backend system. Of course there are no sales activities in SRM.

Producing a sales order using VA01 would produce an invoice for the supplier to pay using standard R/3 or ECC systems.

Maybe this is not what you want but the question is, when does sending goods back to a supplier cease to be a procurement process and become a sales one instead?

This probably depends upon your relationship with the supplier involved.

Only an observation not a solution

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one for your reply. What I understood from your reply is that it is not possible to setup return PO in SRM. Rather we need to use return delivery.

If anyone has any other suggestion, kindly let me know.

thanks,

ss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stranger,

1. Can we create Return POs in SRM, as we do in ECC by checking the box 'return' in ME21N which would post GR with mvt type 161? Is it possible to setup such POs in SRM?

- I only know of return delivery in SRM for confirmation

2. Is it possible to post a confirmation with a negative quantity ? When I tried to enter, it is telling "negatvie qty not allowed".

- no it's not possible, try using Return delivery. Enter reason for movement in vendor text

Could you plz suggest me if you know some other workaround for setting up a process similar to "Return PO in ECC"?

You can create a MIGO/ML81N reversal entry in backend system and it will eventually reflect in SRM. Please note that reference system for extended classis is still R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thankd for your reply.

We are already doing return delivery in SRM. But we are looking for setting up this "Return PO" process which would help us in returning some old items. POs associated with those items were already been closed in the previous year accouting and we would like to process it through new accounting.

If return PO is not possible, then we are looking for entering negative quantity which can be balance in the accounting entries?

Any one else have tried this out in SRM? Plz advise.

Thanks,

ss

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as Tim said, we do have return delivery in SRM for already received goods via display confirmation transaction and it posted as 122 movement type in ECC .

br

muthu