SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP POS - Xpress Server High availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement for Installing "High Availability" for SAP POS XPS server (Store server), Transnet server, & Transnet client.

I have gone thru the possibilities of having Backup server for XPS store server, but the backup server supported by SAP has some major restrictions listed below.

1. Store closing

2. Terminal Closing

3. EOD ( End of the day)

4. Exchange with reciept

5. Layaway sale.

Please let me know whether their is a possibility for achieving high availability for store server which performs the above listed transactions too.

Appreciate if any body can reply asap.

Best regards

Syed

1 REPLY 1

angelo_tauro
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

Having High Availability for an Xpress is not standards SAP implementation and is quite u201Coverkillu201D. The use of the backup server is designed to allow the store to function and service itu2019s customers until a server can be rebuilt or repaired.

BTW:

-Layaways can be done in offline mode and it will post to the server when it becomes available

-Returns can be done on the backup server if the customer implemented Returns Authorization