cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM Default Username & Password - Can't login :(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm currently running the Netweaver ABAP trial (701/v3) and I'm trying to setup ICM access when i try to preview a Webdynpro application I am getting a 403. I found [this page|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/82/9e98d786f040209e6a9e8145153939/frameset.htm] which guides me through the default setup. However, when entering the instance profile name, it is not recognized:

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386

C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386>icmon -a pf=NSP_DVEBMGS00_SAPDEMO
icmon=>sapparam(2): fopenU("NSP_DVEBMGS00_SAPDEMO","r"): No such file or directo
ry
icmon=>No Profile used.
icmon=>sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline
Maintain authentication file
============================

Warning:
The default location of "icmauth.txt" is "$(DIR_GLOBAL)/security/data"
To resolve $(DIR_GLOBAL) an instance profile is required.
You can specify it with "icmon -a pf=<instance profile>"
Continuing with "icmauth.txt" as default filename for authentication file.

Filename (icmauth.txt):

I have set up a user anyway by pressing enter and then selecting option a, however upon trying to login I can not authenticate.

I copied the instance profile from RZ10 so assume it is right. Can anyone advise?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute following steps in sequence to get Access here

1. Goto OS command prompt

2. execute icmon -a pf=path to instance profile\instance profile name

3.press a and enter all the details like user name, password etc.

3. Press s to save changes to icmauth.txt. This file will be created in
sapmnt\<SID>\sys\global\security\data

directory

4. Enable icm services via SICF

5. Now you can access ICM via SAPMMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Still no luck. I wrote down my master password upon installation but don't have a password for ICM. I still can't get access to the ICM even when i try the above user and the typical passwords I use. NB: SICF confirms that the ICM service is running.

From what I can tell, the icmon.exe does not know about my instance profile. I can basically stick anything in "pf=" and it will let me create a user. To complicate things further I have noticed that there are 2 locations for ICMON.EXE. These are: C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe and C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386.

Also, upon checking there is no file created in:C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\global\security\data

Can anyone advise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, happy to say that I managed to solve my problem by activating the services described [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/content.htm] and following the guide [here|http://www.basisconsultant.com/netweaver/bi/211-bsp-call--type-of-termination-rabaxstate.html].

I still can't get icmon.exe to work which I believe is a disconnect between the executable recognising my instance profile and perhaps which icmon.exe to execute!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

To access ICM: username webadm, default password is the master password you set during the installation.

Regards,