cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of DC ignored, needed to fix prob: DC broken ("HAS NO PUBLIC PART")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a DC that fails to build. The request log flags the DC as BROKEN immediately without a compile and reads as follows:

DC 'ibm.com/bh/cnfg_ses' in SC 'ibm.com_BHCNFG-SES_1' cannot be built and will be marked as BROKEN.
                Used DC 'sap.com/cdev/factory_jee' HAS NO PUBLIC PART 'ejbjar'.
                [DC '3989' variant 'default'][SCID=3182] using [PP 'ejbjar' of DC 3659 variant 'default'][SCID=3177][last successful build: 89751]

This DC, though, was imported previously and has this public part. This built before. Something happened to the system that caused it now to not be found. I don't care why (yet). I want to fix this. I think I need to import again (yes?).

When I import again, the import request log reads:

The following DCs are being removed from the request as their imported assemblies do not have any relevant changes and force-import option is not set:
        Development Component
	"sap.com/cdev/factory_jee" in compartment "ibm.com_BHCNFG-BM_1" attached to request 79,328
	[scID: 3,177, dcID: 3,659, parent dcID: 0, current state: OK, action: IMPORTED]

How do I force-import this DC or at least get the imported DC to no longer be ignored?

Is this the right course of action or am I missing something?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q: you mean the public part of the dc was existed when it is firstly transported to the target track, but for some reason unkown it is disappeared now?

A: Yes, the public part is now not available. CBS shows that it is there, but if you try to "Download public part archive" or compille a DC that references this public part it fails.

The "Download public part archive" action fails with the following response:

<CBSError>
<Code>PP_UNKNOWN</Code>
-
com.sap.tc.cbs.api.NoSuchPublicPartException: Development component 'cdev/factory_jee' of component vendor 'sap.com' does not contains public part 'client'!
	at com.sap.tc.cbs.api.impl.BSState.getPPA(BSState.java:1043)
	at com.sap.tc.cbs.receiver.ArchiveServlet$SilentArchiveHandlerStrategy.getPPA(ArchiveServlet.java:2551)
	at com.sap.tc.cbs.receiver.ArchiveServlet.getPPA(ArchiveServlet.java:1531)
	at com.sap.tc.cbs.receiver.ArchiveServlet.doGet(ArchiveServlet.java:134)
<Trace>
</Trace>
</CBSError>

Q: How often you transport your sc between the track?

A: As often as twice a week as we are in heavy active development.

Q: can you check this dc sap.com/cdev/factory_jee which maybe itself is broken?

A: com.sap/cdev/factory_jee dc and all the rest of the DC's imported in this SC all show as not broken.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I did check he development side as it says above. The public part exists in the source track from which the import comes. The SCA formed from consolidation workspace of this track has this public part inside. This PP has been there since the start of these tracks. There have been no changes to this. Yet, the system reports that the public part is not found.

-- John

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you mean the public part of the dc was existed when it is firstly transported to the target track, but for some reason unkown it is disappeared now?

how often you transport your sc between the track?

can you check this dc sap.com/cdev/factory_jee which maybe itself is broken?

Best regards,

john

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

why didn't you check at the dependent dc side? who changed it? maybe a new public part is created.

Best regards,

John