cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create transport route for newly installed servers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I had a development system and a quality system earlier. while creating transport path we had created 3 system transport path with one development, one quality and a virtual production system. Now we have installed our production system and have added that in the current transport route also. But how do i delete virtual system. Also all the transport has been done between development and Quality system. But i cant see those requests in the newly included production system. How do i make those requests appear in the production system.

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there was no Host name entered in hosts file. i did that and everything start working fine.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Are you using NWDI landscape for transport?

if yes, then you need to update Runtime details for virtual production system in landscape configurator in Cms.

hope it helps,

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i m nt using NWDI system.in this case i'm talking about ABAP stack.

regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

Delete the Virtual system from the Domain controller and add your production to your existing domain. Then you should also configure the transport route for the production system the same way you did with the virtual system.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am nt able to delete d virtual system. although i hav removed it and added the prod system and have activated it also.. still i m nt able to see the transport requests in d prod system in its import queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From where are you trying to delete the system? It should be from domain controller and 000 client. Again from 000 client in Production the system should be added into the domain

Try and let me know

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anand,

i have added the Prod system successfully. and its active also. However i am still worried about deleting that virtual system.

As of now there are no transport requests in the queue in production system. will after deleting the virtual system the transport request wd come in prod system or wd i have to do extra settings for the same? Earlier the route qas DEV-> QA-> virtual system . Transport from DEV to QA has already happened. Now the current route is DEV-> QA-> Prod. and the virtual system is just idle without being included in the routes.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you configured route for Production system? If Yes then the transport requests should appear in the Production queue. If its not then check your transport directory in production system.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i have configured route for My production system.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What you see in the STMS -->Transport route?

Dev -> Qas -> Prd?

Have you configured as three system landscape? Is that local transport directory or global? If global then production having enough authorization for transport directory? Which is the domain controller?

Give more information like error message any? Check log files. Without information its hard to provide solution by guess

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes in STMS->Transport route it is

DEV->QAS-?Prod.

everything is active.

I have configured 3 system landscape.

All the transport directory are local.

Development is domain controller.

There is no error message. its just that i am not able to see any transport request in the queue.

What all log files am i supposed to look??

Regards,

priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From Production in transaction STMS_IMPORT refresh to see if you are getting the transport requests. If not then check the queue in the menu. You can also check the log files from Goto option

Any issues in the transport directory, tool will be reported in the check from queue

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

In the following explanation I'll call your production system PRO and the virtual system VIR.

You initially configured VIR as a delivery system behind your QAS, i.e. in the place eventually to be taken by the produsction system. All requests imported into QAS therefore were automatically appended to the VIR bffer. This is basic TMS stuff.

You have now introduced PRO into the domain and made it delivery system instead of VIR. I understand that VIR still exists in your domain but it no longer has a route to it.

When you added PRO, the requests in the VIR buffer were not automatically transferred to the PRO buffer. This is perfectly normal; you have to do this manually. If you have access to the server that holds the transport directory, then there is an extremely simple solution:

- go to the directory /usr/sap/trans/buffer (on Windows: folder
<transport_host>\sapmnt\trans\buffer)

- make a backup copy of the file called "VIR"

- rename VIR to PRO, overwriting the original PRO file

- in STMS open the PRO buffer and click on Refresh; the requests will now appear

If you do not have access to the server:

- open the VIR buffer

- use Edit -> Select Block to select all requests in the buffer

- choose Request -> Forward -> System

Note: the correct procedure would have been to call your virtual system PRO from the beginning. When you then accepted the actual PRO into the TMS domain, the virtual system would have been replaced automatically with the real system.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I did what you said. Renamed the virtual in the usr/sap/trans/buffer directory to prod. but still transport queue is not appearing even after refreshing. Just when i was transporting from DEV-> QA i got an error as RFC function fails. Although i was able to transport it to QA. while doing connection test from all the 3 systems i found out that RFC call from QA to prod and vice versa fails. it says unknown Hostname. but there is no change option via which i can change the hostname in SM59. its not that the hostname is wrong or anything i wanted to try putting IP address and check it. Any idea.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to delete all the systems like production, virtual and quality system from domain controller that is development system. Before that delete all the transport routes. Then after that you add only quality and production system and then create the tranport routes accordingly between all the three system and then distribute and ativate the changes. You do this in 000 client of domain controller.

Also, if that does not work then delete the complete TMS including the domain controller and re-configure it again freshly.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi priya,

i have stms route like dev--- qa --- prd --

also i have physical QA server, i want to remove physical server qa, and setup virtual QA Server.

Thanks

Bhavesh