cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to clean up my UAT server to add new clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In our UAT system we have two clients and need to create few more clients for new projects with existing space, I want to clean up some data.

Please i need answers for below questions

1) suggest how can i start cleaning up the server what type of data can be remove ?.

2) Do we have any program to estimate how much space required to new client.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

suggest how can i start cleaning up the server what type of data can be remove ?

Are you asking to clean up data at the client level or you are asking how to claim space in on the server level?

Do we have any program to estimate how much space required to new client?

Yes, when you perform a test run before starting client copy it'll show the estimated space needed ?

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need space at server level. Without performing test run client copy we canu2019t estimate how much space needed for the new client ?

How can I check existing client XXX space occupied ?

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the size of the existing client by running the ABAP report RSSPACECHECK.

Run the report mentioned above in the source client from which you are planning to do client copy, that's the way you can find out the space needed. But it's always the best way to check the estimated space by giving a test run to the client copy.

If there are no old att and ptt files to remove, look for core files to delete.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram, Are you planning to have local client copy ? To create new clients ?

Regards, Amber S | ITL

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) suggest how can i start cleaning up the server what type of data can be remove ?.

Answer to this would be go to your usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory and find out which att and ptt files are already pacthed in you system successfully - remove those files that will help in reclaiming some space.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

I am planning for local client copy, checked /EPS/in directory but no old att and ptt files available.

Kumar