cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while detecting start profile for instance with ID _u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am upgrading a SAP Java instance and am getting the error shown in the log below. There are not backup profile files in the profiles directory.

The string _u does not exist in the default, start or instance profile for instance SCS01.

Please can you suggest what the issue might be?

<br />

<br />

<!LOGHEADER[START]/>

<!HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/>

<!LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.7.1006]/>

<!NAME[C:\usr\sap\PI7\upg\java\log\DETERMINE_PROFILES_DPR_08.LOG]/>

<!PATTERN[DETERMINE_PROFILES_DPR_08.LOG]/>

<!FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%s]: %-100l [%t]: %m)]/>

<!ENCODING[UTF8]/>

<!LOGHEADER[END]/>

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.initializexAbstractPhaseType.javax758x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Phase PREPARE/INIT/DETERMINE_PROFILES has been started.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.initializexAbstractPhaseType.javax759x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Phase type is com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeDetermineProfiles.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: ...ap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeDetermineProfiles.checkVariablesxPhaseTypeDetermineProfiles.javax284x [Thread[main,5,main]]: All 4 required variables exist in variable handler.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: ....j2ee.tools.sysinfo.AbstractInfoController.updateProfileVariablexAbstractInfoController.javax302x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Parameter /J2EE/StandardSystem/DefaultProfilePath has been detected. Parameter value is
server1\SAPMNT\PI7\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.sysinfo.ProfileDetector.detectInstancexProfileDetector.javax340x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Instance SCS01 with profile
server1\SAPMNT\PI7\SYS\profile\PI7_SCS01_server1, start profile
server1\SAPMNT\PI7\SYS\profile\START_SCS01_server1, and host server1 has been detected.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecutexAbstractPhaseType.javax862x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Exception has occurred during the execution of the phase.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.sysinfo.ProfileDetector.detectInstancexProfileDetector.javax297x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Error while detecting start profile for instance with ID _u.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanupxAbstractPhaseType.javax905x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Phase PREPARE/INIT/DETERMINE_PROFILES has been completed.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanupxAbstractPhaseType.javax906x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Start time: 2010/03/13 12:09:01.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanupxAbstractPhaseType.javax908x [Thread[main,5,main]]: End time: 2010/03/13 12:09:01.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanupxAbstractPhaseType.javax909x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Duration: 0:00:00.078.

Mar 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanupxAbstractPhaseType.javax910x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Phase status is error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered, but can only have 10 questions open...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a problem with phase DETERMINE_PROFILES_DPR and opened an OSS message and SAP responded with OSS 1401712 Symptom 3 and it worked for us. We changed our start profile to change msgserveru to msg_server and enserveru to enserver and restarted the system and got past this issue.

Hope this helps you as well.

Regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I can't view the OSS message/note you mentioned but it's okay as I have got past the error now.

Previously the installation told me to shorten the start profile, so I did this by renaming the file and editing the service. This worked okay and I was able to stop and start the PI system afterwards.

When I resumed the upgrade the ABAP stack continued okay but I got an error on the Java stack.

So I restarted the upgrade and got the error I mentioned.

To resolve it I copied the start profile with the long name into the profiles directory. So I am not actually sure which file the upgrade program is using, but I am now in the downtime phase so it has progressed past the point where I had the issue!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard

We are on the same error now and we checked note 1401712 symptom 3.

Our production is on Dual stack with High Availability, central instance and database are moved to one host before upgrade process, now we are stuck in phase DETERMINE_PROFILES.

We have gone through the above note but it is not clear to me as it says "Please change start profile and restart SCS Instance as well as SAP Start Service.

In case of a double stack system with an ABAP stack using an ASCII kernel make sure /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/uc/msg_server as well as /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/uc/enserver ist started" but how to change and where to change is not mentioned properly..also this is our production system and we cannot directly go and restart the services on live environment.

It would be great help if we can get some more tips on solving this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

We managed to resolve this issue by opening ports 5xx13 where xx are the instance numbers of five instance we have for ASCS, SCS, ERS and Central instance (like 50013, 50113, 51013, 51113 and 50213) in the cluster firewall (of both nodes).

This solution was suggested by SAP.

Regards

Mohammed